All new parents need lots of help in the first year, but parents of twins are especially in need. How in the world are you ever going to get out of the house, much less do any grocery shopping? It’s overwhelming to think about safely taking your new babies on outings, but in the right stroller for twins, you can have peace of mind. Not to mention an easier time of it yourself!
This page focuses on the kind of stroller you’re going to need in your babies’ first 9 months to one year. Many double baby strollers, whether they’re all-terrain, jogging, or umbrella, require that your children be at least 6 months old to ride. Most side-by-side strollers accommodate only one infant car seat, so you have to bypass those brands. What options do you have?
Table of Contents
- 1 Current Best Selling Strollers for Twins
- 2 Best Strollers for Twins 2018
- 3 High-End Strollers for Twins
- 4 Midrange Strollers for Twins
- 5 Budget Strollers for Twins
Current Best Selling Strollers for Twins
- Baby Trend Sit N Stand Infant Toddler Twin Tandem 2 Seat Double Stroller, Stormy
- Convertible double stroller with front and rear seats or a removable rear seat for a standing platform
- Features covered parent tray with 2-cup holders hold your phone, keys, and drinks
- Lightweight & Versatile: This compact, lightweight tandem stroller weighs just under 26 pounds with a 27 inch width that allows it to fit through any standard door, and accommodates children...
- Compact & Convenient: Designed with convenience in mind, this stroller offers a unique one-hand, self standing fold allowing your other hand to be free to attend to your children
- Cushioned Ride for Your Toddler: The Minno Double features a front wheel suspension and swivel lock wheels to provide your children or infants with a smooth and comfortable ride, while also...
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats of this stroller or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand; Foot activated rear brake
- Product Care and Maintenance : To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth. Check your stroller for loose screws, worn parts,...
- Accommodates 2 Baby Trend infant Car Seats
- Locking front swivel wheels, and pneumatic bicycle tires
- Convenient parent tray includes two cup holders, MP3 speakers and covered storage compartment. Dimension(inches): 32.5 W x 46 L x 43 H
- 30" width-fits through standard doors, accommodates two 45 pounds children (90 pounds total)
- Recline each seat and adjust each footrest independently of each other
- One-hand fold, huge basket and canopy, removable bumper bar
Explore a variety of top-rated strollers for twins that accommodate two infant car seats and some that have multiple seating arrangements. Price points go from ultra budget to high-end luxury for your precious bundles of joy. After you finish this overview, you’ll either have a good idea of your needs or your stroller order already placed!
Best Strollers for Twins 2018
Based on consumer reviews, professional guides, blog reviewers as well as personal experience, these are the best strollers for twins this year. Choose the price range that fits your budget for the highest-rated products on the market.
High-End Strollers for Twins
This range usually starts at about $600 and goes up from there. It is common to spend over $1,000 for a top-of-the-line product, especially once you include car seat adapters and the second seat. Here is a good representation of brands that span this range.
Baby Jogger City Select LUX
- The included second seat converts your City Select LUX stroller into a double stroller; each seat holds child up to 45 lb and includes a 5-point stroller seat harness
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30% smaller than City Select even with the second seat; hand-operated decelerating &...
- All terrain stroller features all-wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50+ canopy with...
Just when you think a product has reached it’s perfection, it’s improved again! Meet the Baby Jogger City Select Lux. It has all the features of the City Select, but has even more versatility in addition to turning into a double stroller. It has four more seating options than the original City Select and has a 30% smaller fold.
The accessories are what has changed this stroller into a powerhouse of options. Click the front seat, car seat or bassinet into second seat position, and add the new bench and riding platform to turn this into a sit and stand stroller, much like the Austlen Entourage.
Or add a shopping tote to the second seat position to expand your storage area for errands, outings or sporting events.
The City Select LUX weighs slightly more than the original at 30.4 pounds and is a bit smaller length and width-wise to get that smaller fold.
Customer reviews are mixed, but overall very positive for quality materials, smooth ride and sturdy feel. So far a few reviews have mentioned that the hand brake has paint chipped off, and the handle bar is a bit high for shorter parents. But other than that, the reviews are strong positives.
For more information about this stroller, read our full review!
Take a look at the Magic Beans video review and buy from them or comparison shop at the links below the photo.
Peg Perego Team
- Made in Italy: All Peg Perego baby products are Made in Italy. From concept, to creation, every step in the process is performed by Peg Perego and no one else.
- The Team stroller includes a premium chassis with polyurethane wheels and telescopic handle, folding bassinet with adjustable headrest that is approved for overnight use, and reversible seat...
- The Team can convert to a double stroller by adding the Team Adapter (sold separately). There is no need to buy a second seat right away, as the Team can be converted to a double with...
Peg Perego has a beautiful new contribution to the single-to-double convertible stroller called Team. The Team is ideal for families starting out with one child with the intention to have another baby and will need to upgrade to a double stroller later on. For families expecting twins, the Team is an excellent stroller for twins. This Peg Perego stroller comes with the chassis, the reversible toddler seat and and a bassinet.
Features in this 31-pound single stroller holds your child up to 50 pounds. To turn it into a double, you’d buy the Team adapter and use it with the second seat, which is as roomy as the main seat. Or attach the bassinet or the Primo Viaggio car seat right onto the adapter. The bassinet is approved for overnight use, and has an adjustable head rest and can fold flat for storage.
Stroller features include a unique seat recline that slides out and back creating the best comfort for your passenger. A quick, easy compact fold when seat(s) are facing forward or backward is a favorite. The sun canopy is huge, offering lots of protection along with a UV protected visor and a large mesh peek-a-boo window for air circulation.
Parents enjoy the one-handed steering and height-adjustable telescoping handle, large storage basket and smooth ride with the large polyurethane wheels and suspension system. Not to mention it is designed and made in Italy with fashion forward fabric with a luxurious look and feel.
Not many reviews out yet, but so far the Peg Perego Team has been getting great reviews for the easy push and the one-handed fold. And of course the versatility!
Here’s an official demo video to check out:
- NEW! 2018 model VISTA Stroller
- Includes and full size front or rear facing toddler seat with multi-position recline
- Compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary
One of the more popular and well-made luxury convertible strollers, the UPPABaby Vista is one of the brands that includes a feature-rich bassinet with purchase. An award-winning favorite of parents since 2006, the Vista is known for high quality materials, smooth steering, modern beautiful style and convenience. And now the Vista has been redesigned for 2018 with and overview and comparison with last year’s version in the video below.
Favorite features include a comfortable, full-sized seat that is easy to reverse and recline. A huge storage basket stores everything you need and a telescoping height-adjustable handle provides strolling comfort for both mom and dad. Large rubber tires never go flat and takes you smoothly over bumpy park terrain. Weighing only 27½ pounds with the main seat attached, it is about standard for full-sized single luxury strollers.
Turn this stroller into a double when you buy the rumble seat separately or buy your Vista as a double. Compatible with all major brand car seats, correct adapters are sold separately, or click the UPPAbaby MESA right onto the frame. The Vista now holds two car seats or two bassinets and is a fantastic option for parents with twins.
For years parents like you have ADORED this stroller and regularly give the Vista hig praise. Discover all the amazing aspects of this stylish convertible stroller in my exclusive UPPAbaby Vista review including a breakdown of what Consumer Reports says.
Here’s a video comparing the 2017 with the 2018 features. More videos in my in-depth review:
Buy from Magic Beans, or comparison shop at the links above.
Mountain Buggy Duet
- SAME WIDTH AS A SINGLE STROLLER - at just 25" the Mountain Buggy Duet is the same width as a single stroller and fits through all standard doorways
- NEWBORN READY - with dual, independent lie-flat seats, use of one or two car seats or the Mountain Buggy carry cot plus
- CONTROL HAND BRAKE - for walking, jogging and going up and down hills in any weather
One of the disadvantages of a side-by-side twin stroller is that the width is cumbersome. You don’t want to take up so much room walking down sidewalks or grocery store aisles. The Mountain Buggy Duet changes all that because it is only 25 inches! That’s right, the rear wheel width on the Duet is the same as the width of a single stroller.
The Duet is very versatile. As a single stroller, use one side with a seat and the other using the Joey clip-on tote bag for extra storage. Take off both seats and use the Duet chassis to hold two car seats for twin babies. Or use the Carry Cot bassinet. There are many possibilities.
The stroller itself weighs 34 pounds, very good for a double, and it holds up to 80 pounds total. Wheels are 10-inch rubber tires with locking front swivel wheels. Because the Duet is such a skinny stroller, the seats are narrower, too. Each seat is only 11 inches wide with a 19½-inch seatback.
Because of the narrow seats, the stroller has gotten some negative reviews
Here’s a great little demo video that shows you all the features. Only thing different this year is that the strap that holds the frame together is now an automatic frame lock.
Midrange Strollers for Twins
The upper end of this range is $400 at the time of writing.
Chicco Cortina Together
- Build your own travel system with matching Chicco car seats; Accepts two No.1-rated Key Fit or Key Fit 30 infant car seats
- Fully-reclining rear seat for bassinet enclosure or car seat attachment ,Assembled Dimensions - 47.25 x 45.5x 23.5 inches,Folded Dimensions - 47.75 x 23.5 x 16.75 inches
- Exclusive forward-fold front seat for car seat attachment
Versatility is a high point on this Chicco double stroller. Parents of twins love that they can use TWO KeyFit or KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seats in this stroller to turn it into a Chicco travel system. If you use just one car seat, you have the option of using either the front or the back seat. As a mom or dad, you know how important it is to have several options available!
Reviews have been solidly positive for the Cortina Together, rating it at a solidly high average. Praises for the one-handed maneuverability and smooth ride are common.
Parents appreciate the sturdy frame and durability of this Chicco tandem stroller. It is easy to fold and only slightly larger than a standard stroller once folded, making storage in the trunk space more compact.
Make sure to read our full review of the Cortina Together before making a final decision!
Contours Options Elite
- 7 SEATING OPTIONS - Versatile seating configurations to keep everyone happy. Reversible seats with new lift-assist mounts for easy Face Forward & Backward, Face-to-Face, and Back-to-Back...
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Enjoy the convenience of multiple seating options in a lighter-weight aluminum frame that is only 34 lbs. Each seat accommodates up to 40 pounds.
- FITS TWO COMFORTABLY - Accommodates two infant car seats. Brand specific "click-in" adapters and universal car seat adapter available for purchase separately.
This tandem Contours stroller has a convenient standing fold, and folds with both seats attached. While it is a hefty 38 pounds, it has all the features you could want, like a generous storage basket with zippered sides for easy accessibility. Large sun canopies with mesh panel extensions provide ample shade and air circulation. Mesh pockets in the seat holds little snacks or toys for each child.
Seats have a 3-position recline and adjustable footrest, along with pivoting bumper bars. 5-point safety harnesses keep your passengers snug and safe. Large rubber-coated wheels smooths out the ride and you get a cup holder.
So far, the Options Elite is getting great ratings for its easy maneuvering and for the great value for money. Read my complete review for lots more in-depth information, measurements, additional photos, and consumer reports.
Take a look at this short video review.
Budget Strollers for Twins
The lowest priced options here are the frame strollers, which are perfect for parents who want to transition their babies from car seats into a stroller later on. But first, take a look at the tandem stroller from Baby Trend.
Baby Tred Sit and Stand Double
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats of this stroller or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand. To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth
- One hand fold is fast and easy to use, large basket for storage
Baby Trend is the company behind the innovative Sit N Stand double stroller. When you have a child who is too big to want to sit in a stroller for a period of time and wants in and out often, and another child who is clearly too little to walk, then a Sit N Stand is the solution.
Baby Trend strollers come in several double Sit N Stand styles, but the one for twins has the two seats, and two child snack trays that can accommodate two infant car seats.
The stroller accommodates most major branded car seats for infants. The Sit n Stand Double has a full back seat with canopy and both seats have a child’s snack tray and cup holder. The back seat can be removed to use the standing platform, and then your twins can take turns sitting and standing!
Customer reviews have been generally positive giving mostly high ratings. Read more about what customers say, see a couple of informative product video reviews, and learn more about the features and benefits in the Baby Trend Sit N Stand stroller review.
Joovy Twin Roo+
- TWIN INFANT CAR SEAT FRAME STROLLER with unique side mounts for easy access to both babies
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR BRAND CAR SEATS with "click-in" functionality (ADAPTERS SOLD SEPARATELY)
- STURDY and STABLE, easy handling and super maneuverability
Did you ever think that a stroller frame could look and function differently? Joovy has done it! The new Twin Roo is unique in several ways and the first, most obvious is the way that the car seats sit in the frame, as you can see from the photo (car seats not included with purchase).
Joovy has designed the car seats to sit opposite each other because each baby needs undivided attention and by alternating the direction, the parent does not disturb the other. The sideways mount is better for restaurant sittings or when it is time to feed your babies, you can parallel park and not have the handles get in the way.
The Twin Roo base width is wider than other standard car seat stroller frames to add better stability. Smaller six-inch rubber wheels enable better maneuverability. And the drink tray is in a different spot too, did you notice? It is set low by the seat to avoid risky spills and frankly, if you’re seated on a park bench, you’ll have your drinks right at your fingertips. Now that is cool.
The Joovy Roo accommodates current model car seats from Graco Snugride Click Connect 35/40, Britax B-Safe/ BOB B-Safe, and UPPAbaby MESA infant car seats – car seat adapters are sold separately. Beneath the car seat mounts, an extra large storage basket keeps all your necessities in place, though you need to take out a seat or both to have full access. The convenient, compact fold tops off all the fantastic features!
Baby Trend Double Snap N Go
- Accepts 2 infant car seats
- Stadium seating
- Larger cradle frame for better fit for all car seats
One of the simplest, most lightweight and convenient strollers for twins you can buy is a Baby Trend Double Snap N Go car seat frame stroller. Simply install your two car seats and voila, you have a travel system. You’ll love that this stroller frame can accommodate most major brands such as Graco, Chicco, Evenflo and of course Baby Trend infant car seats.
Some popular features include a parent tray and cup holders, large storage basket and a reliable braking system on the back wheels. Outstanding features without the travel system bulk! This is also the perfect solution until your twin babies get big enough to ride in a fancier double stroller for 6 months and older.
A vast majority of Snap N Go owners give this stroller frame pretty good reviews. Parents rave about the convenience and compact size as well as the ample storage. You simply cannot go wrong with the price under $100 – outstanding for a double stroller!