Imagine buying only one stroller as you prepare for your baby’s birth – a stylish, yet functional buggy that offers you the option of using your car seat or an attractive bassinet right on the chassis. No need to place the car seat into the stroller seat, adding lots of bulk! Switch to the full-sized seat once your child has grown bigger or add an additional seat once baby #2 makes an entrance!
Table of Contents
- 1 Current Best Selling Convertible Strollers
- 2 What is so special about convertible strollers?
- 3 Adaptability
- 4 From Single to Double
- 5 Price Range
- 6 Best High-End Convertible Strollers
- 7 Top Luxury Convertible Strollers for 2018
- 8 Best Mid Range Convertible Strollers
- 9 Best Budget Convertible Strollers
- 10 Best Budget Convertible Strollers for 2018
- 11 Best Lightweight Reversing Seat Strollers
- 12 Best Single To Double Convertible Stroller
- 13 Best Single to Double Convertible Strollers 2018
Current Best Selling Convertible Strollers
- FLEXIBLE INFANT TRAVEL SYSTEM: The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is a car seat and stroller combo featuring the Sarema Infant Car Seat and Safe Zone Base, infused with parent- and...
- VERSATILE & LIGHTWEIGHT: The Evenflo 3-piece stroller set features a modular frame with 6 modes. The reversible mode permits your baby to face in or out, while the seat converts to carriage,...
- EASY INFANT CAR SEAT TRANSFER: This car seat and stroller combo has been designed with a stay-in-car base that allows for a quick and safe infant car seat connection from stroller to car and...
- FOOT COVER IS AVAILABLE - It can not only be considered as an ordinary stroller, but also a WARM removal BED for your baby! Equipped with a foot cover, which can prevent pitiless wind in...
- Constructed by durable but light weighted aluminum frame and wearable non-toxic and breathable Oxford cover which can well-protect your babies from rains or harmful rays. This stroller...
- Adjustable Back Rest and Handle - You can adjust the back of this stroller to meet your baby different requirements to lie, sit, or sleep. The comfortable seat with 5-point safety harness...
- MULTIPURPOSE DOUBLE STROLLER: The Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System is a parent-friendly single-to-double stroller designed with a unique slide-and-lock system that expands the frame...
- 22 STROLLER CONFIGURATIONS: Our lightweight stroller allows babies and infants to sit at various heights, reclined or upright, and in parent-facing mode. Altogether, this baby stroller...
- MULTIPLE HANDY FEATURES: The Pivot Xpand is a complete baby travel system. The compact folding stroller conveniently self-stands with the toddler seat attached, while the extra-large storage...
- Functions: Stroller can be a sleeping bed for 0-6 months old baby. Also, can be changed into a seat for 7-36 months old child. Infant and toddler both can use it. Easy to push on all...
- Shining Points: Just need one hand to change the bassinet into a seat position. Just one-step to brake or release strollers. There are some anti-shock springs in the front wheels to protect...
- More Features: High enough to protect baby from dust. Can match the dining table like a chair. Canopy can be adjusted according to the weather. Sturdy, wear resistant and anticorrosive...
What is so special about convertible strollers?
Also referred to as a multi-function stroller or reversing seat stroller, this type of buggy has become quite popular over the last few years for several reasons.
- It’s Bugaboo’s fault. After the wild success of Bugaboo’s Cameleon other brands quickly caught on. Moms want a stylish, chic-looking pram. No more traditional, frilly, “baby” designs.
- Unfortunately, the cost has been prohibitive but now with fierce competition amongst most brands, a wide price range allows you to find a reversing seat stroller that fits your budget.
- Parents want flexibility with the seating arrangement and a choice of which carrier to place on the chassis. Car seat? Bassinet? Main seat forward or parent facing? Light in weight? Add a 2nd seat? Yes, yes, yes & yes. All of the above. We parents LOVE these options!
Are you intrigued? Read on to find out more… or go straight to the best convertible stroller models & reviews!
Most convertible strollers are basically a stylish chassis (or frame) that comes with a car seat adapter or bassinet accessory. When baby is a newborn, simply attach the car seat or bassinet onto your chassis and you have either a compact travel system or a fashionable pram. A couple of brands you will see here have the seat convert into a bassinet – no need for another purchase, which adds up quickly!
When baby has outgrown the car seat or bassinet, it’s time to install the toddler seat that comes with the stroller. Most of these seats are molded, so the entire seat reclines, vs. just the seatback. Then choose whether to face baby toward you or outward at the world. Most new mothers treasure that face-to-face connection when their babies are very little. Wouldn’t you?
From Single to Double
A few reversing seat strollers can convert from a single to a double. This is an amazing feature because it saves you money, no need to buy a second double once baby #2 is born. Lots of families buy the single stroller and simply add the second rumble seat once the new baby arrives. These single-into-double models are also the right solution for twins.
I like all the seating arrangements you can choose from with two particular products. The impressive Baby Jogger City Select offers 16 seating options and the equally phenomenal Britax B-Ready gives you 14 choices. Believe me, this kind of flexibility makes life so much easier when you’re out with two children!
While having the doubles option is a convenient feature, it can make your stroller a bit heavy, especially with two growing kids and lots of gear. But almost any double, except maybe a double umbrella stroller, is going to be heavy.
Choose from a variety of sophisticated designs and fashionable colors, but be prepared to spend some money. This is one of the pitfalls of strollers with bassinet option, but you certainly won’t have to part with $900-$1200 unless this is what your budget permits.
At the lower end of the price range, reversing seat strollers generally cost over $200. This is for the stroller alone; more expensive products have options included such as a car seat adapter, bassinet, foot muff or extra seat if you get a doubles kit. These items are sometimes sold separately, and sometimes included (like the car seat adapters) but they all add up.
Based on consumer reviews, professional guides, blog reviewers and as well as personal experience, these are the best convertible strollers this year. Choose the price range that fits your budget for the highest rated buggies on the market. If you want to convert to a double stroller, click Single to Double.
Note: Even if you don’t want to convert to a double, you need to look at the single to double strollers. They are by far the best single to double stroller brands, which is why they are shown first.
Best High-End Convertible Strollers
Make a statement about who you are and your lifestyle with a luxury brand convertible stroller. The finest fabrics, modern design, and the latest in materials technology put you on the cutting edge of style when you step out with your new baby.
Celebrate your new arrival with a reversing seat stroller with features nobody has ever seen before, such as the new 4Moms Moxi with “Power on Board” for the high tech-minded. Stand out with the latest fashion from the hottest designers like Jeremy Scott or Rachel Zoe. The choices and reasons for wanting and having the best of the best are endless, and you might be overwhelmed with the possibilities.
This page showcases three top luxury convertible strollers to keep it simple and avoid analysis paralysis, and if you want more choices, I will point you in the direction to discover more brands.
Top Luxury Convertible Strollers for 2018
Quinny Moodd Rachel Zoe Edition
- Special Edition: Premium, textured fabrics and tailored styling
- Unfolds automatically and folds easily. Detachable wheels
- One hand recline in both forward and rear-facing positions
The futuristic-looking Quinny Moodd has paired with top fashion designer Rachel Zoe to create a chic, tasteful style.
Inspired by vintage luggage in a color scheme that goes with everything for busy moms, the Moodd and Maxi Cosi car seats have luxurious fabric and premium cognac leather accents like whipstitching and tassels.
the Quinny Moodd has an automatic unfold at just the touch of a button, and the fold is super easy to do as well. The seat is reversing to face either the parent or the outside world and reclines fully flat to accommodate a newborn if you’re not keen on using a car seat or bassinet. Your child rests comfortably in three recline positions in either direction.
A full-coverage canopy and adjustable leg rest provide ideal support and sun/wind protection while your baby lays back and enjoys the ride. A telescoping handle, shopping basket, along with your matching Rachel Zoe Jet Set Diaper Bag and Maxi Cosi car seat make you look and feel like a star.
Rachel herself tells you what to expect:
- LCD dashboard displays distance, speed, calorie burn, temperature, time, and battery level
- Headlights & taillights
- Self-charging via generators in rear wheels
If you like tech and gadgetry, then you’ll love this gorgeous new arrival from 4Moms, called Moxi, which has a stand-out feature called “Power on Board”. When the wheels turn, it generates power. Why would you need power? The Moxi has a state-of-the-art LCD dashboard with a USB docking port to charge your phone. The dashboard displays distance, speed, calorie burn, temperature, time, and battery level. It also powers headlights and tail lights to improve visibility in low light conditions.
The rest of the Moxi’s features are rather standard for luxury strollers, such as a padded reversing seat that transforms into a bassinet and car seat capability for a travel system. A generous sun canopy with flip-out visor protects your child from the elements and 4-wheel suspension smooths out the ride. Parents, you enjoy a telescoping handle for just-right height and an under seat basket, cup holder and dashboard bag.
Specs indicate a 55-pound limit, though some customers say in their reviews that the stroller is small and won’t fit a child that size. The 4Moms Moxi is also heavy at 29 pounds and has a bulky fold. But overall reviews so far are highly positive for this futuristic “smart stroller”.
Award-winning German-design Cybex company has brought us their lavish Priam stroller, and it pulls out all the stops in functionality, innovative design, and safety.
The Priam offers you “individualized mobility” with a way to fully customize your stroller. A three-in-one system means the frame carries a car seat, a carry cot bassinet or the seat unit.
You have a choice of three types of wheels: Light for city strolling on smooth sidewalks, All Terrain tires for bumpier surfaces, or the versatile Trekking with larger front wheels suitable for city or country outings.
Choose from a variety of beautiful fashion options with designers who have partnered with Cybex to create unique looks that stand out. The photo above shows their Autumn Gold Denim option, but they also have a tropical Birds of Paradise collection, Butterfly Fashion Collection and the Jeremy Scott collection with his artful gold wings. See the Cybex official site for these options, otherwise, 8 color options are available in the link above.
The Priam also boasts a one-handed fold, and the seat folds out flat with a one-handed function. An adjustable leg rest flattens out the recline completely. The extendable sun canopy has UVP50+ protection, and a bumper bar is made of faux leather with easy in-and-out access. Your child can ride up to 55 pounds.
Parents get an adjustable height handlebar a large, extendable shopping basket, and universal adapter that goes with all Cybex products.
Reviews so far give this stroller vyer high marks and here is a video review for more details:
This is a beautifully designed luxury convertible stroller meant to take your child from newborn through the toddler years. Features such as car seat adapters that fit the Nuna Pipa Infant car seat for a convenient and easy travel system. The Nuna Mixx 2 weighs 26.2 pounds, so is a full-sized, fully featured stroller, and it holds up to 50 pounds.
The seat fully reclines and has an adjustable leg rest so your child can stretch out for a nice nap. Nuna is well-known for its plush and luxurious fabrics, that are comfortable against baby’s tender skin and beautiful to look at.
Mixx2’s generous sun canopy has a flip out visor with mesh panels for air circulation. It has a double-quilted lining on the inside for a high-quality finished look.
Parents, you enjoy an adjustable height handle bar that goes from 38″ up to 42″ and has the look and feel of stitched leather. A generous storage basket in the same color as the rest of the stroller looks great and holds all of your and baby’s necessities.
Folding and unfolding is a breeze and you can roll it behind you like a suitcase for easy transport. Rubber wheels are upgraded with a sleek black-and-chrome styling with larger front wheels for easier maneuvering.
Not many reviews are out yet, but Nuna has a reputation for quality and the Mixx2 stroller is a smart buy.
Take a look at the video demo of the most recent Nuna Mixx2:
Bugaboo Cameleon 3
- Baby Product
And here is the stroller brand that started the reversing seat/bassinet trend that continues strong today. Ever innovative and improving upon design and style year after year, the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 this year is beautiful and functional.
Faux leather with precision stitching on the handle and belly bar are added, which ends up wearing over time.
The Cameleon 3 is popular for growing with your child from newborn through toddlerhood, with use of a reversing seat AND handle bar, as well as the bassinet or car seat option for newborns. Larger rear wheels and adjustable suspension give you a way to traverse over bumpier terrain than just the smooth city streets.
For your baby, the seat reclines in one piece – in other words, there is no adjustable footrest, but the seat includes the footrest so it all goes forward and backward – see video below for a demo. Baby gets a bumper bar to hang on to and a padded 5-point safety harness. An enormous extendable sun canopy with UPF 50+ protects your child from wind and sun. A well-ventilated Aerosleep bassinet mattress for circulation.
Parents and caregivers enjoy an adjustable height handle, a hand-operated brake and a enclosable storage bag beneath the seat. While the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 folds in two pieces, it’s easy to do and by nestling the seat into the frame a certain way, you can carry both pieces at once to the place your stowing them.
Take a look at this informative review and then check out the Cameleon 3.
Best Mid Range Convertible Strollers
Convertible strollers can be very expensive! You want something nice, but don’t have the budget to spend $1,000 or more on a luxury reversing seat stroller. But you don’t want the cheapest, either. You want something that’s well made and have little touches of luxury here and there. Comfort for both you and your baby are important, and looking good counts for something, too!
Fortunately, there are some great options for you in the $500 or less category. Sometimes you might spend just a tad over, and sometimes you can find an exceptional deal. For example, if having the latest year’s model is not a deal breaker, then you could save some serious money on the previous year as the manufacturer clears them out, if the brand you choose updates every few years.
Baby Jogger City Premier
- 5 stroller riding options for infant to toddler; reversible seat to face mom or world; reversible memory foam insert provides two stylish color options
- One-hand, compact fold with baby stroller seat on, in either direction; auto-lock is automatically engaged with one-hand fold, includes carry strap
- Large wheels are lightweight and durable; all-wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels give mom control. Stroller Weight: 28.5 Pounds, Stroller Height: 39.8 - 41.7 inches
If you’ve come across the City Select in your stroller search and liked it, but were still unsure, take a look at the Baby Jogger City Premier. The Premier is a lot like the Select, except it does not convert to a double stroller, your child has a taller seatback and the Premier has a higher weight capacity of 50 pounds (vs 45 pounds on the Select).
Attach an infant car seat, bassinet, or glider board to create five different riding options, including a reversible seat.
Premium features for baby include a comfortable multi-position reclining seat and a full-coverage extendable UV50+ sun canopy with two large peek-a-boo windows. Parents enjoy a height-adjustable telescoping handle bar and a huge, flexible storage basket to keep all your necessities while out on the town with your little one. I like the hand brake as an added luxury touch and the fold can be done one-handed, though it is a two-step process.
Parents are giving the City Premier rave reviews so far, saying they love the stroller’s performance, the large comfy seat and telescoping handle. No accessories come with this stroller, though, which has been mentioned several times as a downside.
See this video review that also compares it with the City Select toward the end:
Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan
- MODULAR SEAT OFFERING - Customers can alternate between forward and rear facing options easily.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE HEIGHT - with a range from 94-108cm, parents can choose their range height for a more comfortable push
- A SMOOTHER RIDE - 12" rear wheel Aerotech tires offers superior handling with no hassles of maintenance
Stepping into the world of city strollers with luxury features, Mountain Buggy debuts with the Cosmopolitan. This is the only product in the Mountain Buggy line that is not a fitness stroller, yet the Cosmopolitan retains the sturdiness that customers have come to expect from this brand.
The Cosmopolitan carries your child up to 45 pounds and has a reversing seat with multiple one-handed reclining positions. The seat lays nearly flat but the entire seat rotates backward for the recline. Unclasp two buckles behind the seat as it is reclined and the seat transforms into a lay-flat bed for your newborn. This is not a bassinet, however, in that it cannot be taken off the stroller in this mode.
Other features include all-wheel suspension for handling those bumps and an enormous storage basket that holds up to 22 pounds – take everything with you! Supportive bars line the basket so it won’t sag and drag. The canopy offers fantastic coverage and has an extra zip-out black mesh panel that provides even more shade and additional air circulation.
Most parents give this stroller high praise for the maintenance-free tires, smooth ride, and superb quality.
A stroller that’s made by the same parent company and is very similar is the Phil&Teds Smart Lux.
- 4-in-1 system is an infant car seat carrier, infant pram, take-away infant carrier and toddler stroller all in one
- Suitable from birth to 40 lbs
- Expandable zipper-mesh canopy with peek-a-boo window
Contours Bliss convertible stroller has a very cool feature that transforms the seat into a bassinet for your newborn. If you prefer, remove the seat and place one of twenty different types of infant car seats on the chassis with an included adapter. Once your child is ready for the regular seat, face baby forward or backward toward you.
This stroller has a 40-pound carrying capacity, but the product itself weighs just short of 29 pounds.
Conveniently fold your Bliss with or without the seat attached for your convenience. And what I love is that accessories like a removable boot and bumper bar are both included. I like the one-touch brake and the locking front swivel wheels. Recline the seat in three positions with a one-handed lever.
This midrange convertible stroller has received consistently high ratings for the pram mode, versatility of the reversing seat and storage options.
Consumer Reports weighs in with an overall high score, giving the Contours Bliss an excellent mark for Ease of Use, a very good mark for Maneuverability and a good mark for Safety. It is, however a bulky, large stroller, with no parent or child tray. However, they like the versatility and that the frame accommodates more than 20 different car seats.
Take a look at this informative video review:
- Chico urban Stroller
- Chico urban 6-in-1 modular stroller
- Stylish, 6-in-1 modular stroller solution for your ever-changing baby
If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish reversing seat stroller, Chicco has the Urban. This is a full sized stroller weighing 24 pounds and holds your child up to 50 pounds.
Choose from six seating options either parent facing or outward facing with the seat, the seat turned into a bassinet, or the car seat right on the chassis. The Urban is specifically designed to accept any Chicco Keyfit car seat.
The three-position seat recline and adjustable leg rest gives your baby just the right angle and support for comfort. A rotating, removable bumper bar for easy ins and outs and a full-coverage sun canopy rounds out your child’s experience.
Parents, you get a removable cup holder, and a three-position height adjustable telescoping handle bar. Stopping is easy with a one-step petal brake and the storage basket holds all your essentials. The fold is easy, but you have to take off the car seat adapter first and the seat, too, if you don’t want it to be too bulky.
Customize your stroller with a color pack that comes with a seat pad, canopy liner, bag and weather boot sold separately in 5 different colors.
Reviews across different web retailers rate the Urban at 4 stars for the modern design and versatility among the bassinet/toddler seat/car seat options.
Here is one mom’s take on her Chicco Urban:
Best Budget Convertible Strollers
Yes, there are quality choices if you can only spend up to $300. These budget convertible strollers generally have just the reversing seat, which means you can install your car seat on the chassis, or stroller frame. There are three seating options right away: forward facing, rear facing and travel system. That’s awesome!
Additionally, you will get the usual standard features of most single strollers: Good size sun canopy and a generous storage basket. Some of these strollers come with drink holders and snack trays, others not. Just think about what is important and then work out if the one you want is within budget.
Some brands frequently update their models, and if that is the case for you and a previous year’s model is OK, then you could save even more money.
Best Budget Convertible Strollers for 2018
- Mom can use this stroller in Travel System mode, or with the infant car seat or toddler seat directly on the frame. Both seats are reversible so baby can face mom or the world
- Includes Graco's SnugRide SnugLock 30 Infant Car Seat, for rear-facing infants from 4-35 lbs. and up to 32"
- Click Connect system provides a one-step, secure attachment of infant car seat to stroller
Graco’s full-sized, full-featured reversing seat stroller is the Modes. With a total of 10 seating options from birth up to 50 pounds, the versatility is what parents love, and for a great price.
When your baby is newborn, take the seat completely off and install any of the Graco Click Connect car seats. More often than not the Modes stroller comes as a complete travel system, as you will see.
Another option for your newborn is that the seat converts to a bassinet with a fully flat seat recline. A supportive pillow insert stabilizes your infant while riding.
Once baby’s a bit older, the reversing seat gives you the option to face baby forward or toward you. The seat reclines in four positions and an adjustable foot rest props your child’s legs up for napping comfort. The sun canopy gives adequate coverage and your child gets a snack tray with cup holder.
Parents, you enjoy a large basket beneath the seat, a smooth easy push and a parent console with deep cup holders and covered cubby. The brakes are two-step, one over each rear wheel, and while the fold is pretty easy, the seat has to be forward facing for it to work.
Consumer Reports gives the Graco Modes travel system excellent marks for Maneuverability and Ease of Use and a good mark for Safety.
This parent’s review is very informative and should help you decide if this one’s the one:
- The Lyfe Travel System includes the GB Asana35 LTE Infant Car Seat with stay-in-car base that helps protects rear facing infants from 4-35 pounds, up to 32 inches
- Features 4 easily transformed modes of parent-facing or forward use travel, including a European-style pram mode perfect for walks or naps
- The Lyfe's extra large expandable airflow canopy provides unprecedented protection from the elements for your child while still providing superior ventilation
I’m putting this selection in the budget convertible strollers category because the cost of the car seat PLUS stroller is a very good deal and would put the stroller well under the $300 limit.
The GB Lyfe stroller gives you four options beginning from the newborn stage: 1. fit the GB Asana 35 DLX right onto the chassis for a convenient travel system; 2. turn the seat into a stylish bassinet; 3. face the seat toward you; 4. face the seat outward toward the world.
First the car seat: Consumer Reports has some very positive things to say about the Asana DLX. They give it a very high score overall and have made it a Recommended Buy. It’s earned the Best in crash protection and has and excellent score for Ease of Use.
The Lyfe stroller has a multi-position strap recline seat with a bumper bar for your child to hang on to. I like the canopy with the zip-away mesh panel that extends all the way to the bumper bar for full coverage.
Parents enjoy a generous storage basket below the seat, accessible from the front or the back. You also get a cup holder and an adjustable-height handle for just right strolling.
Reviews are giving this reversing seat stroller travel system great marks for the versatility, light weight and easy fold. Check out the quick demo video:
Dream on Me/Mia Moda Atmosferra
- Reversible seat allows forward and rear facing
- Easy and convenient fold system
- Adjustable leg support; Convenient parent cup holder
When I found the Mia Moda Atmosferra stroller, I couldn’t believe how many features it has and how well-made it is for the price and it’s a must to include. Unbelievable!
This gorgeous reversible stroller has all the amenities of the luxury brands. Features such as a telescoping height adjustable handle and large storage basket with front or rear access as well as a cup holder that can attach on either side please us parents.
Baby is comfy in a reversing padded seat with a 3-position recline and adjustable legrest for smaller infants. The sun canopy is huge and comes down to the snack tray and beneath the legrest is an extending piece of fabric that attaches to the snack tray to form a bassinet-like enclosure, giving your young baby a secure cocoon.
Prefer to use the car seat as a travel system? Then just attach your Mia Moda Certo infant car seat to the frame for a wonderful little travel system.
Consumers give consistently high marks for the Atmosferra. And I do too, because I reviewed the Atmosferra and it certainly lives up to the high ratings. Here’s my video review (full written review is undergoing mobile-friendly update).
- Stroller is designed for a child up to 50 lbs/Fully reclining seat
- Reversible seat can face parent or face front/5-point safety harness with covers
- Large canopy with visor/Large storage basket/Parent cup holder
The Urbini Omni has been a popular budget convertible stroller and travel system option since 2014 with loads of rave reviews from families who want a stylish and beautifully designed reversing seat stroller for a fraction of the cost of other reversing seat strollers. The Omni travel system has almost all the same features of more luxury brands!
The 3-in-1 travel system features the Petal car seat, which holds your child up to 35 pounds, the stroller frame and reversible seat.
The stroller carries your child up to 50 pounds, and the stroller by itself is 24½ pounds. The seat has a 5-point padded safety harness, three recline positions, and bumper bar, and of course, it is removable and reversing, with recline positions in the parent-facing mode as well.
One of the features that parents like most is how the seat converts into a bassinet for their newborns. They love the convenience and the way it looks as a pram. Parents also love the roomy storage basket beneath the seat and the huge sun canopy that includes a sun visor and a peek-a-boo window. Another parent plus is an adjustable height handle so Mom or Dad can push with comfort and ease.
Reviews give mostly high marks for the Urbini Omni. Consumer Reports has ranked it at an impressively high rating, with an Excellent mark for safety and Very Good marks for Ease of Use and Maneuverability. It also comes in a Plus model.
The cheapest place to get this travel system convertible stroller is at Walmart online, but many times it is sold out. When that happens, you should try Amazon, where they might charge just a little bit more, but you will still get free shipping.
Check out this mom’s video review. I hesitate to show it because of bad sound and lighting, but it’s one of the better ones.
Best Lightweight Reversing Seat Strollers
This is perhaps the fastest growing category this year; parents want a reversing seat convertible stroller without the huge size. Many convertible, or reversing seat strollers, are full sized, full-featured products with all the bells and whistles. Think you can’t have it all with a light weight stroller? Think again.
Some of these light weight reversing seat convertible strollers DO HAVE all the features you want, yet retain the small footprint.
You still like the option to have a car seat or bassinet placed on the chassis – or frame – for a stylish travel system while your baby is a newborn. You just need that frame to be smaller.
The reversing seat is the key to your heart. When baby is big enough for the toddler seat, you want to maintain that precious face-to-face contact, but again, without a big bulky seat. Whether parent facing or outward facing, you want a stroller you can take traveling with you, or keep in your small car or living space.
- Great for Travel: Weighing less than 20lbs, the Bugaboo Bee5 Complete stroller is our lightest, most compact stroller! Whether navigating the city or taking a trip, the one-handed, one-piece...
- Designed for Comfort: With a plush seat and extendable back rest and foot rest, our easy-fold stroller customizes the fit as your baby grows for the ultimate in comfort. Parent facing or...
- Ultimate Protection: Whether its direct sunlight, sleet or harsh winds, the Bugaboo Bee5 includes all the necessary accessories to make sure your baby has the best protection. Our water...
Without a doubt, Bugaboo is the very definition of the luxury lightweight stroller. The modern design is made for urban living, for on-the-go parents who want a product that takes them from place to place with convenience and ease. The compact size has a narrower footprint than full-sized buggies, and tight spaces are accessible, whether it’s a small storage closet or the back of a packed car trunk.
An adjustable-height handle provides pushing comfort whether you’re tall or short. The mesh storage basket is bigger enough to store a large bag, plus you can hang one off the handle if you need to. Steering is buttery smooth and the brakes engage in one step.
The Bee’s seat is reversible; when your baby is really young, face-to-face contact is a lovely connection. If you prefer to use your car seat (Britax, Chicco, Maxi Cosi & Cybex) Bugaboo has an adapter (sold separately) that you snap right onto the chassis. The Bee5 has the option to use a bassinet.
Turn the seat around when baby is older and the stroller holds your child up to 37½ pounds, which really is not that much weight in comparison with these other strollers. The backrest and sun canopy are both height adjustable to grow with your child into toddlerhood. The seat has three reclining positions from nearly flat to straight upright. The sun canopy on the Bee5 now has a zipped extendable panel and comes down nearly to the seat, but still does not have a peek-a-boo window.
Performance on the Bugaboo Bee5 is stellar, with independent suspension in each of the foam-filled rubber wheels. Turning and steering your Bee is effortless and one-handed.
For a complete look at the Bee5, take a look at this video review/demonstration by Pish Posh Baby, and check them out to buy yours.
Here’s a luxury, full-featured stroller that is also light weight and incredibly convenient: The Cybex Mios. Giving the Bugaboo Bee5 a run for its money, the Mios holds its own with quality rich in features for modern urban families on the go.
The Cybex Mios is just over 19 pounds and less than 20 inches wide. It holds your child up to 50 pounds and has a full size seat that is meant to hold bigger children.
Breathable mesh on the seatback is a highlight. During colder months, use the padding and simply remove it for those hot days to provide healthy air circulation. A padded 5-point safety harness keeps your child snug and a one-handed seat recline lays nearly flat and is suitable for newborns. The seat reverses one-handed as well, so your baby faces you or the world. And baby can hang on to the faux leather swing away bumper bar.
The canopy has fantastic coverage with two panels. A zip-out 3rd panel provides the most coverage and a peek-a-boo mesh panel at the top has a magnetic flap to check in without disturbing your sleeping passenger.
All-wheel suspension smooths the ride on six inch wheels. The basket holds a surprisingly large amount for being such a small stroller – think of a huge diaper bag. Flip your stroller closed with one hand and it is self-standing, ready for convenient storage. And parents of all different heights will stroll in comfort with an adjustable height handle.
Not many reviews in yet, but Cybex is well-known to produce quality strollers, and the video experts are liking it, so you can feel confident this is a top choice for 2018.
Here’s a review to get you started:
Are you confused about whether to choose between the Bee5 or the Mios? This video will be helpful:
Quinny Zapp Flex
- The Quinny Zapp Flex is one stroller with endless possibilities: with its versatile reversible seat you can let your younger child face you for enhanced bonding moments, or turn the seat...
- Stroller seat holds a child up to 50 pounds; the Zapp Flex can be used with your baby from birth when paired with a Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat or Quinny Flex Lux Tukk (each sold...
- With a sleek, modern design and the ability to fold into a very compact package with the seat attached, this stroller has you covered; from car to train, the Zapp Flex is ready to go...
If you like contemporary, sleek design, yet full functionality, then check out the Quinny Zapp Flex. This amazing little stroller has a reclining seat that is both removable and reversible. Quinny’s always improving their products and the Zapp Flex now has machine washable fabrics, a better folding mechanism and a redesigned legrest.
The Zapp is best known for outstanding maneuverability. It weighs 21 pounds, yet unfolds to a full-sized stroller with a 50 pound weight limit; the Zapp has lots of room for your growing child.
This lightweight reversing seat stroller has one feature about it that parents who like to travel shall find indispensable, but you’ll have to read the Quinny Zapp review to find out what it is plus all the newly upgraded features in the Zapp Flex.
For your newborn baby, the Zapp frame holds a Maxi Cosi infant car seat so you can have a compact travel system stroller for the first months of your child’s life.
Customers who have bought this stroller give it fairly high ratings because they love the maneuverability and compact size.
If you want to read, even more, check out our full Quinny Zapp Flex review!
Best Single To Double Convertible Stroller
The following strollers are amazing for one baby and many first-time parents start out with one of these. Then baby #2 comes along and guess what? You don’t have to buy a new double stroller! Purchase a second “rumble seat” to add to the back of your single stroller and turn it into a fashionable yet functional tandem for your newest family addition.
Many of these strollers come as a package deal with the second seat as part of the purchase. In these reviews, I will give you the link for both the single stroller, in case you want to start with just one, and the link to get the second seat together with the single stroller.
Best Single to Double Convertible Strollers 2018
Baby Jogger City Select LUX
- Converts from a single to a double stroller; most riding options of any single to double stroller; 25% more riding options than City Select, with the bench seat accessory
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibiling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30% smaller than City Select; hand-operated decelerating & parking brake, all in...
- All terrain stroller features all-wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50+ canopy with...
The Baby Jogger City Select Lux is a newer version of the original City Select that you will read about in just a moment. Like the original City Select, the Lux has a roomy, comfy seat with a multi-position recline and padded 5-point safety harness. A hand-operated parking brake is flip-flop friendly, and a UV50+ extending canopy with mesh peek-a-boo window protects your passenger from the sun.
The Baby Jogger City Select Lux weighs 30.8 pounds and has a weight limit of 45 pounds per toddler seat.
Baby Jogger not only made improvements on existing features, but added brand new bells n whistles while they were at it. Here’s what’s different between the City Select and the City Select Lux.
- The original City Select has 16 seating configurations while the Lux has 20+
- Lux has a 30% smaller fold
- Lux has all-wheel suspension vs. front wheel suspension in City Select
- Newly designed hand brake for both deceleration AND parking
- New accessories: Shopping tote and a stand & ride platform
City Select Lux owners give this stroller very high ratings and they love features like the compact fold, a super-easy push, lots of storage, and of course, all those seating options. You’ll discover what else parents think and get extensive information like which car seats you can use in the Baby Jogger City Select Lux review.
Take a look at the Magic Beans video review:
- 30 CONFIGURATIONS: As versatile as your busy life demands, the Entourage accommodates two children, two car seats, a market tote, a platform rider, a reclining seat, huge cargo carriers, and...
- EXPANDS IN 1 SECOND: When you're ready to go, pop your new adjustable ergonomic stroller into place wicked fast with one hand; go from retracted to intermediate to expanded in literally one...
- CHIC STYLE: With elegant lines and choice fabrics, this functional and fashionable cool canopy stroller with a cool canopy will have your babies and toddlers riding in style on daily...
While ultra lightweight strollers are all the rage, Austlen is going the other way, offering a stroller that holds and does, well, everything! I like to call it the minivan of strollers – take everyone and all that you want along for a ride. The Austlen Entourage expands into three different sizes, with a single seat and the ability to expand into a double stroller and carry all the days gear with you. It’s really impressive, and is already causing a stir in the market for its innovative design and ease of use.
The most innovative part of the Entourage is the extending frame, which has three different lengths, depending on your needs, and it slides into position with startling ease. Also, the sturdy frame holds up to 150 pounds of kids plus cargo! And yes, the Entourage still handles beautifully loaded down. One-handed steering is possible, and the suspension system is superb.
Because of the innovative design, the stroller has easy add-on accessories like the second seat or a standing platform/bench to transform it into a sit and stand stroller. Car seat adapters for either the front seat and/or the back area turn the Entourage into a travel system – suitable as a stroller for twins!
See my full review for exclusive photos, measurements, and my test findings and observations. My video review is there as well.
- Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller
- Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately)
- Travel System ready: compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
The newly upgraded 2017 Britax B-Ready is both a single or an inline tandem stroller and can be used in 12 different seating configurations. Two seats, two car seats, a bassinet, you can mix and match and face them just the way you like. This is a smart convertible stroller to buy when you’ve just got one child and are planning another because you won’t have to buy a double stroller later on!
As a single, the B-Ready can take a 55 pound weight limit and the second seat on the doubles kit can take a 35-pound weight limit. You will love that the 2nd seat fully reclines AND you can fold the stroller with BOTH SEATS attached. Features like the height adjustable handle bar and ample storage basket beneath the seat are big positives with parents. The B-Ready is also about $200 less than the UPPABaby Vista with more seating options.
What else this modern and stylish stroller has to offer? Discover why parents rave about it and give it overall positive feedback and find out what Consumer Reports has to say when you read the Britax B-Ready review.
- NEW! 2018 model VISTA Stroller
- Includes and full size front or rear facing toddler seat with multi-position recline
- Compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary
One of the more popular and well-madeluxury convertible strollers, the UPPABaby Vista is one of the brands that includes a feature-rich bassinet with purchase. An award-winning favorite of parents since 2006, the Vista is known for high quality materials, smooth steering, modern beautiful style, and convenience. And now the Vista has been redesigned for 2018, and all these improvements are detailed in my review.
Favorite features include a comfortable, full-sized seat that is easy to reverse and recline. A huge storage basket stores everything you need and a telescoping height-adjustable handle provides strolling comfort for both mom and dad. Large rubber tires never go flat and takes you smoothly over bumpy park terrain. Weighing only 27½ pounds with the main seat attached, it is about standard for full-sized single luxury strollers.
Turn this stroller into a double when you buy the rumble seat separately or buy your Vista as a double. It is also compatible with all major brand car seats with the right adapter sold separately, or click the UPPAbaby MESA right onto the frame.
For years parents like you have ADORED this stroller and regularly give the Vista incredibly high marks! Discover all the amazing aspects of this stylish single to double stroller in my exclusive UPPAbaby Vista review.
Here is a video comparing the 2017 with the newly upgraded 2018 features: