A Maclaren double stroller has the reputation for being lightweight, compact and good quality. To suit your growing family’s needs, several options are available: the Twin Triumph and the Twin Techno. Both of these strollers have received high ratings from online reviewers from such sources as Amazon, BabiesRUs and Buzzillions. The compact size, light weight, ease of use and maneuverability tops the list of features most appreciated by parents.
Why Trust Us?
Because my full-time job is being mom to 2 precious daughters, and I know a thing or two about strollers. Besides personal experience, I get feedback from other moms who use these strollers every day and put all that research into our unbiased stroller buying guides
Table of Contents
Current Best-Selling Maclaren Double Strollers
- The premium wind-resistant raincover protects your child from rain, wind and snow allowing for safe ventilation. Phthalate free.
- Our clear raincover lets your child look out and you keep a close watch.
- Fits Maclaren’s Twin Triumph and most umbrella fold twin strollers
- Suitable from 3 months up to 55 lbs per seat
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Independent multi-position reclining seats
- Biggest wheels of any compact double stroller on the market for a smooth ride and easy, one-handed push
- Super easy one-handed fold. Folds WITH the included tray.
- Customizable recline, more headroom and a wider seat. Adjustable 3-position footrest. Seat fabric is removable and machine-washable.
- Extendable canopies with sun visors; 5 point safety harness with soft shoulder pads and reflective material that ensures you and your children can be seen at night; Meets Disney size...
- Multi position reclining seat Parent cup holder
- Abundant storage includes double rear canopy bags 5.5 Inches wheels with front swivel and suspension system
- SIX-SEAT STROLLER: 6-seat tandem stroller comfortably accommodates 6 children in separate reclining seats making it great for trips to the playground during daycare or to the park, zoo,...
- SAFETY FIRST: Each seat has a 5-point safety harness restraint system and a foot operated parking brake on the back for when stroller needs to stay in place. Front arm bar conveniently...
- SUN PROTECTION: Three UV blocking canopies protect children while they ride in the stroller. Canopies collapse when not needed
Other positive comments include the comfortable ergonomic handles that are high enough for tall adults to use without having to stoop over and the fact that these double strollers can fit through standard-sized doorways. Parents who felt hesitation over paying a premium price for these two Maclaren models believed that it was worth it and had no regrets.
The main drawbacks are the lack of cup holders for parents and lack of storage space. In addition, these strollers do best on either sidewalks or indoor areas such as shopping malls; the strollers can be difficult to maneuver on other surfaces. There have also been a few remarks that the canopies aren’t sufficient.
Let’s take a look the features that both the Twin Triumph and the Twin Techno have. This really cute video shows you a summary comparison between each.
- Appropriate for newborns
- Capacity up to 110 pounds for two children
- 4-position reclining seat
- One-handed easy fold
- Carrying strap
- Fits through standard doors
- 5-point safety harness
- Removable washable seat
- Storage basket
- Raincover included
- Water resistant canopy
- Durable aluminum frame
- Foot operated brakes
- Basic weight of 21.2lb; Ideal for children 6 months and up to 110lb.
- A multi-position recline seat with leg support cushion
- Includes: premium wind-resistant raincover
Consumer Reports has rated the Twin Triumph in the top of its class as a double side-by-side umbrella style. Ease of use and maneuverability got a very good mark and safety was rated as good. Parents like the no-fuss design of the Twin Triumph; it is simple and lasts for years. The Maclaren Twin Triumph is a compact lightweight double stroller that weighs 21.6 pounds and has a 110 weight capacity.
The Twin Triumph has a few recent upgrades such as a sporty racing stripe down each seat. Choose from three color schemes: black on charcoal frame, an eyecatching scarlet red or an elegant grey, both with silver frames.
More new features include linked parking brakes; step only once to engage the rear wheels. The handles are made of newly optimized insulated foam for a more ergonomic fit and feel.
Reviews online have been excellent with high marks for the compact size and attractive looks.
This is the more luxurious model of the two; the Maclaren Twin Techno has more features than the Twin Triumph. These extras include:
- Adjustable legrest for your baby’s support and comfort
- Reflective accents keep you safe in low lighting
- Parent cup holder
- Suspension in the wheels for a smoother ride
- Sun visor with peek-a-boo window
The Twin Techno is lighter and narrower than most models in its class, making transport much easier as you maneuver through the shopping aisles or board the subway. Lightweight considering it’s amenities, this Maclaren double stroller weighs in at 25.7 pounds. Reviews for the Twin Techno have also been excellent.