A Maclaren double stroller has the reputation for being lightweight, compact and good quality. To suit your growing family’s needs, several options are available: the Twin Triumph and the Twin Techno. Both of these strollers have received high ratings from online reviewers from such sources as Amazon, BabiesRUs and Buzzillions. The compact size, light weight, ease of use and maneuverability tops the list of features most appreciated by parents.
Table of Contents
Current Best-Selling Maclaren Double Strollers
- Basic weight of 10kg/22lb; Ideal for children 6 months and up to 50kg /110lb
- Extendable waterproof/UPF 50+ canopies with sun visor, window and tailored apron with storage pocket; Removable and machine washable, multi-position fully padded recline seats with Dupont...
- Ultralight flat-free EVA tires with shock-absorbing 4-wheel suspension and lockable front swivel wheels; foot-operated linked parking brakes
- Your children can nap from newborns to 50 lbs. in a near-flat recline, 100 lbs. max weight
- UPF 50 canopy provides sun protection plus peek-a-boo window
- Comes with large dual swivel front wheels and all-wheel suspension
- Patented quick fold technology fold your lightweight double stroller in one step
- Twin stroller features front wheel suspension soaks up road bumps
- Comfortably padded seats reclines to a near flat position with vented seat tops
- Lightweight & Versatile: This compact, lightweight tandem stroller weighs just under 26 pounds with a 27 inch width that allows it to fit through any standard door, and accommodates children...
- Compact & Convenient: Designed with convenience in mind, this stroller offers a unique one-hand, self standing fold allowing your other hand to be free to attend to your children
- Cushioned Ride for Your Toddler: The Minno Double features a front wheel suspension and swivel lock wheels to provide your children or infants with a smooth and comfortable ride, while also...
- Basic weight of 19.8lb; Ideal for children 6 months and up to 110lb.
- A multi-position recline seat with leg support cushion; Seats operate independently
- Includes: two seat liner, two shoulder pads, buggy ID tag and premium wind-resistant raincover
Other positive comments include the comfortable ergonomic handles that are high enough for tall adults to use without having to stoop over and the fact that these double strollers can fit through standard-sized doorways. Parents who felt hesitation over paying a premium price for these two Maclaren models believed that it was worth it and had no regrets.
The main drawbacks are the lack of cup holders for parents and lack of storage space. In addition, these strollers do best on either sidewalks or indoor areas such as shopping malls; the strollers can be difficult to maneuver on other surfaces. There have also been a few remarks that the canopies aren’t sufficient.
Let’s take a look the features that both the Twin Triumph and the Twin Techno have. This really cute video shows you a summary comparison between each.
- Appropriate for newborns
- Capacity up to 110 pounds for two children
- 4-position reclining seat
- One-handed easy fold
- Carrying strap
- Fits through standard doors
- 5-point safety harness
- Removable washable seat
- Storage basket
- Raincover included
- Water resistant canopy
- Durable aluminum frame
- Foot operated brakes
- Basic weight of 21.2lb; Ideal for children 6 months and up to 110lb.
- A multi-position recline seat with leg support cushion
- Includes: premium wind-resistant raincover
Consumer Reports has rated the Twin Triumph in the top of its class as a double side-by-side umbrella style. Ease of use and maneuverability got a very good mark and safety was rated as good. Parents like the no-fuss design of the Twin Triumph; it is simple and lasts for years. The Maclaren Twin Triumph is a compact lightweight double stroller that weighs 21.6 pounds and has a 110 weight capacity.
The Twin Triumph has a few recent upgrades such as a sporty racing stripe down each seat. Choose from three color schemes: black on charcoal frame, an eyecatching scarlet red or an elegant grey, both with silver frames.
More new features include linked parking brakes; step only once to engage the rear wheels. The handles are made of newly optimized insulated foam for a more ergonomic fit and feel.
Reviews online have been excellent with high marks for the compact size and attractive looks.
- Basic weight: 26.2lb; Suitable for Newborn and up to 110lbs
- Extendable waterproof/ UPF 50+ sun canopy and built-in sun visor
- Four-position recline seat with one-hand adjustment, extendable leg rest with memory position and Newborn Safety System
This is the more luxurious model of the two; the Maclaren Twin Techno has more features than the Twin Triumph. These extras include:
- Adjustable legrest for your baby’s support and comfort
- Reflective accents keep you safe in low lighting
- Parent cup holder
- Suspension in the wheels for a smoother ride
- Sun visor with peek-a-boo window
The Twin Techno is lighter and narrower than most models in its class, making transport much easier as you maneuver through the shopping aisles or board the subway. Lightweight considering it’s amenities, this Maclaren double stroller weighs in at 25.7 pounds. Reviews for the Twin Techno have also been excellent.