When you’re the first company to design three-wheeled for jogging and off-road performance, you make a serious impact in the baby gear market. That’s just where Baby Jogger stands today: at the forefront of the leading brands of higher-end joggers and all-terrains.
Why Trust Us?
Because my full-time job is being mom to 2 precious daughters, and I know a thing or two about strollers. Besides personal experience, I get feedback from other moms who use these strollers every day and put all that research into our unbiased stroller buying guides
Table of Contents
- 1 Current Best-Selling Baby Jogger Strollers
- 2 Patented convenience features
- 3 Baby Jogger Strollers: City Series
- 4 Baby Jogger Strollers: Running & Fitness Strollers
Current Best-Selling Baby Jogger Strollers
- Ultra-lightweight travel stroller weighs only 14 lb, with a compact and easy-to-maneuver design
- Create a travel system by adding a Baby Jogger infant car seat using adapters (car seat and adapters sold separately). Note: Stroller is not intended for jogging
- Ultra-compact, one-step fold and auto-lock ensures easy transportation and storage
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Front swivel wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging. Recommended use: 6 months - 50 pounds or up to 42
- Reclining padded seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within arm's reach
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cupholders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
- Graco's signature FastAction one-second, one-hand fold provides the ultimate in convenience for parents on the go
- Seat pad removes to create a lightweight infant car seat carrier
- Accepts all Graco infant car seats with a secure one-step attachment to create your own travel system
Baby Jogger was established in 1984 by Phil Baechler, a local newspaper journalist. Wanting to spend more time with his infant son, he took his son jogging with him, but in his regular stroller. Baechler quickly learned that standard strollers were not meant to handle the rigors of a jogging speed, and so he designed a specialized product equipped to take the stress of running.
Over the years, different types of joggers were introduced, such as the Twinner, for two passengers. Then folding mechanisms came into place as well as removable wheels; Baby Jogger was always innovating designs with the consumer in mind.
Then in 2004, Baby Jogger became a division of Dynamic Brands, the parent company to such names as Protect-A-Bub and Slotline Golf.
Patented convenience features
Despite all these changes, Baby Jogger consistently improves product safety and design features as well as ergonomic and portability features. For example, the same year the company joined Dynamic Brands, Baby Jogger released their patented Quick-Fold Technology, enabling users to fold their stroller in half in one simple step. It really does fold one-handed and takes one second:
Then 2007 brought about the Universal Mounting Bracket, allowing you to attach and remove bumper bars, snack trays, car seat adaptors and more in one central location across each Baby Jogger model.
All Baby Jogger strollers are designed with a parents’ needs and a child’s comfort and safety in mind. From the stylish stroller design with functional, high performance wheels and suspension system to the safety certification by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). Baby Jogger offers an array of products to suit the needs of lots of families.
Baby Jogger StrollersStandard Features
- Ideal for pavement and urban terrain
- Parking brake
- Adjustable five-point safety harness
- Suspension system
- Molded polymer wheels on most models
- Sun canopy with clear view peek-a-boo windows
- Compatible with a car seat adapter
- Quick Fold technology on most models
Baby Jogger Strollers: City Series
- Easy and compact portable stroller features a one hand quick fold; auto lock locks the fold for transportation or storage
- Multi position near flat recline; the canopy stroller includes a UV 50 plus sun canopy with canopy extension and peek a boo window; stroller seat features 5 point harness
- Folding stroller fits neatly into the backpack style carry bag, included with stroller; convenient under seat storage basket provides space for baby's extras
Mountain Buggy started a trend of sorts when they released their Nano, by creating a super-lightweight compactly folded stroller that can easily fit in airline overhead bins.
The Baby Jogger City Tour is a great option for travel, as it comes with a backpack-style transport bag and weighs only 14 pounds. This stroller carries your child up to 45 pounds. Keep the transport bag folded up inside a special compartment of the under-seat basket.
The seat lies nearly flat using a strap recline. However, it does not accommodate a car seat, so this stroller is for babies six months old and older. Parents love the sun canopy that has extended coverage and a mesh peek-a-boo window at the top.
They also like the wheels that offer a smooth ride and the handle is tall enough for someone over 6 feet! Several reviewers stated that they use their City Tour not just for travel, but for everyday, too. The compact fold is handy for them to stick it behind the front seat instead of taking up room in the trunk.
The only complaints so far are that the storage basket is a bit skimpy, but is understood that it must be sacrificed for the sake of compactness. The other complaint I saw a couple of times was that the City Tour was sometimes difficult to fold and unfold.
Overall the rating on this newer stroller is between 4 and 4½ stars. See this official demo video to give you an idea:
- 5 stroller riding options for infant to toddler; reversible seat to face mom or world; reversible memory foam insert provides two stylish color options
- One-hand, compact fold with baby stroller seat on, in either direction; auto-lock is automatically engaged with one-hand fold, includes carry strap
- Large wheels are lightweight and durable; all-wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels give mom control. Stroller Weight: 28.5 Pounds, Stroller Height: 39.8 - 41.7 inches
If you’ve come across the City Select in your stroller search and liked it, but were still unsure, take a look at the Baby Jogger City Premier. The Premier is a lot like the Select, except it does not convert to a double stroller, your child has a taller seatback and the Premier has a higher weight capacity of 50 pounds (vs 45 pounds on the Select). Attach an infant car seat, bassinet, or glider board to create five different riding options, including a reversible seat.
Premium features for baby include a comfortable multi-position reclining seat and a full-coverage extendable UV50+ sun canopy with two large peek-a-boo windows. Parents enjoy a height-adjustable telescoping handle bar and a huge, flexible storage basket to keep all your necessities while out on the town with your little one. I like the hand brake as an added luxury touch and the fold can be done one-handed, though it is a two-step process.
Parents are giving the City Premier very high reviews so far, saying they love the stroller’s performance, the large comfy seat and telescoping handle. No accessories come with this stroller, though, which has been mentioned several times as a downside.
- Lightweight Stroller: The essence of urban mobility: lightweight, compact and nimble
- The Fold: Patented quick fold technology allows stroller to fold in one step
- Seat: Multiple recline positions with a 50 pounds weight capacity
This gem of a lightweight stroller has won awards for its innovative design and quality such as the 2008 Mother and Baby Gold Award for Best Lightweight Push Chair and a 2008 NAPPA Gold Award (National Parenting Publications Award) as well as the 2009 Mother & Baby Gold Award for Best Twin/Tandem. The Baby Jogger City Mini’s got a lot going for it!
Do you have more than one child? The City Mini comes as a fantastic double stroller as well.
In addition, the City Mini earned some good rankings in Consumer Reports such as excellent marks in safety and very good marks in ease of use and maneuverability. However, Consumer Reports found that the 2008-2009 models had faulty safety harness buckles that came unclasped too easily and the models from those years were recalled. Models manufactured after February 2009 have a redesigned buckle that passed the Consumer Reports tests.
What do City Mini owners love best? Ranking at the top of the list is the Quick Fold, sun canopy, and maneuverability. This stroller has recently undergone some improvements to the current model as well. Discover what these changes are all about and more in the Baby Jogger City Mini review, as well as why happy customers give the City Mini an overall incredible rating.
This is the ultimate “mix n match”; the City Select transforms from a stylish single stroller into a tandem buggy with the addition of another seat or bassinet with 16 different combinations.
Now this is a perfect solution for parents who still have one child and plan to have another baby, because the City Select is gorgeous AND functional.
Save money and buy a second seat when the new baby #2 arrives and you don’t have to go purchase an additional double, just the cost of the second seat with adapters. Keep your favorite stroller around for years to come!
However, if you want to use this stroller as a single with bassinet or car seat, you must purchase the second seat kit. The mounting brackets you will need ONLY come with the second seat kit, whether or not you use the seat itself. Plan to incorporate this into the expense of this product if you’re going to use the doubles feature.
City Select owners recommend this stroller and give it very good marks. Features like easy maneuverability, height-adjustable handle and convenient hand brake are highly rated. The patented quick-fold is, of course, a huge selling point for busy families on the go.
Check out our full review to learn more about the City Select!
City Select LUX
- Converts from a single to a double stroller; most riding options of any single to double stroller; 25 percentage more riding options than City Select, with the bench seat accessory
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibiling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30 percentage smaller than City Select; hand operated decelerating and parking...
- All terrain stroller features all wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50 plus canopy with...
Just when you think a product has reached it’s perfection, it’s improved again! Meet the Baby Jogger City Select Lux. It has all the features of the City Select, but has even more versatility in addition to turning into a double stroller. It has four more seating options than the original City Select and has a 30% smaller fold.
The accessories are what has changed this stroller into a powerhouse of options. Click the front seat, car seat or bassinet into second seat position, and add the new bench and riding platform to turn this into a sit and stand stroller, much like the Austlen Entourage.
Or add a shopping tote to the second seat position to expand your storage area for errands, outings or sporting events.
The City Select LUX weighs slightly more than the original at 30.4 pounds and is a bit smaller length and width-wise to get that smaller fold. Reviews are sparse at the time of writing, but customers writing on the official website are giving it good ratings for quailty materials, smooth ride and sturdy feel. So far two reviews have mentioned that the hand brake has paint chipped off, and the handle bar is a bit high for shorter parents. But other than that, the reviews are strong positives.
Make sure to read our comprehensive review!
Take a look at the Magic Beans video review:
City Mini GT
- Patented quick fold technology fold your lightweight stroller with one hand; Care The seat can be washed in cold water on the delicate cycle of your washing machine and attached back onto...
- 3 Wheel Stroller: 8.5 inches all terrain non flat tires with front wheel suspension provide a smooth comfortable ride
- Plush padded seat reclines to a near flat position with vented seat top
Doesn’t the GT look almost exactly like the City Mini? Yes, they look like nearly identical Baby Jogger strollers. But the Baby Jogger City Mini GT has a few more enhanced features than the regular City Mini.
Some of these upgrades include a roomier seat, adjustable height handle, and all-terrain forever air tires that take you over all kinds of surfaces.
The canopy is one inch higher up on the frame, giving taller kids lots of extra headroom. And this stroller is made to handle a big child! The GT can hold your child up to 65 pounds! Because of this, it has a higher seatback and from the seat to the footrest is an inch longer than the City Mini. The seat has a bit more padding to support a higher weight limit as well.
Weight-wise, the tires on the GT give the stroller a bit of extra weight and is four pounds heavier than the City Mini. The canopies are pretty much the same as are the safety harnesses and seat recline. While the storage basket and back pocket are both the same, the City Mini GT has an easy-to-use hand brake while the City Mini has a foot brake. The GT also comes in a doubles version for two kids.
Reviews are flooding in from various web merchants and so far they’re all very high for fitting in well with busy lifestyles, smooth ride and adjustable handle. Those little extras are appreciated and very well liked!
Read more about the City Mini GT before making your decision!
City Mini Zip
- Lightweight stroller: The essence of urban mobility: Lightweight, compact and nimble
- The fold & the seat: With the push of a button and the pull of a strap, the city mini zip folds three dimensionally; Multiple recline positions with a 55 pounds weight capacity
- Canopy & wheels: UV 50+ sun canopy can be adjusted; 5.5” eva tire tread with lockable swivel front wheels and suspension
The City Mini Zip has all the wonderful features you love on the original City Mini, but Baby Jogger’s upped the game by trimming the weight by almost a pound and giving it a new fold.
The fold is a 3D effect – you have the standard fold in half, then it folds again lengthwise. This means that the folded size is 1/8 the volume of the open stroller, which also means more travel convenience and storage easier for you.
At 16 pounds, the City Mini Zip is about standard lightweight stroller size. Many full-featured umbrella strollers weigh the same. The frame is sturdy and holds your child up to 55 pounds. Your newborn can even ride in this stroller if you get a car seat adapter. Buy either the universal adapter or ones customized for Graco Click Connect or Britax/BOB.
The seat reclines nearly flat for comfortable naps and the large 50 UVP sun canopy adjusts in multiple positions, giving your child lots of shade. 5½-inch wheels and front-end suspension smooth out the ride and you get a cupholder, storage basket and large mesh pocket on the back of the seat.
Here’s a short Zip video review:
Baby Jogger Strollers: Running & Fitness Strollers
- Patented quick fold technology fold your stroller with one hand
- 3 Wheel Stroller: 16" rear and 12" front air filled tires with front wheel lock mounted on the handlebar for easy conversions between jogger and stroller mode
- All terrain stroller: All wheel suspension system soaks up road bumps
The award-winning Baby Jogger Summit X3 is all-terrain/jogging stroller has all-wheel suspension with 16″ rear tires for a smooth ride and superb maneuverability. Parents love such features as the swivel front wheel that locks into place for jogging stability, the tether strap and hand brake for safety.
Consumers want to know the difference between the Summit X3, the BOB Revolution and the Baby Jogger City Elite. The Elite does not have the tether strap, the slowing hand brake, nor the all-wheel suspension meant for jogging. The Summit X3 is for more serious workouts.
One reviewer recommends the Summit X3 over the BOB Revolution stroller mostly because of the quick fold technology that Baby Jogger strollers have. It’s far easier with the one-second fold and the wheel doesn’t flop around. Another difference is that an infant car seat rests higher up on the Summit than the Revolution when using this stroller as a travel system.
Bottom line: parents REALLY love their Summit X3 and it has earned very high praise. The new X3 retails for a bit more than a BOB, but is well worth the price.