Baby Jogger was established in 1984 by Phil Baechler, a local newspaper journalist. Wanting to spend more time with his infant son, he took his son jogging with him, but in his regular stroller. Baechler quickly learned that standard strollers were not meant to handle the rigors of a jogging speed, and so he designed a specialized stroller equipped to take the stress of running.
Why Trust Us?
Because my full-time job is being mom to 2 precious daughters, and I know a thing or two about strollers. Besides personal experience, I get feedback from other moms who use these strollers every day and put all that research into our unbiased stroller buying guides
Table of Contents
Current Best-Selling Baby Jogger Double Strollers
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within an arm's reach.Do not use bleach, solvents or abrasive cleaning materials
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
- Lightweight double travel stroller features a compact and easy-to-maneuver design
- Fits through a standard doorway, making getting around town with two kids easier than ever
- Ultra-compact one-step fold with auto-lock for secure and easy transportation and storage.Do not use solvents, caustic or abrasive cleaning materials
- Quick release wheels for storage and travel
- Lockable front swivel wheel
- Ratcheting shade canopy with peek-a-boo window
- Fully featured modular stroller converts from single to double or triple stroller with glider board (second seat, infant car seat, and glider board sold separately)
- Easily lift and carry this stroller that is lighter than the original City Select
- One-step compact fold, 20% smaller than the leading single-to-double stroller as compared to the 2020 UPPAbaby Vista V2 single-to-double stroller in the US
- The performance-ready jogging stroller that enables you to hustle with 2
- All-wheel suspension makes for a smooth ride, whether jogging or walking, on any terrain
- The unique, hand-operated deceleration brake and handlebar tether strap keep you in control whether you need to head downhill or pick up the pace
Each Baby Jogger double stroller is designed with a parents’ needs and children’s comfort and safety in mind. From the stylish stroller design with functional, high-performance wheels and suspension system to the safety certification by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Baby Jogger double strollers offer an array of models to suit the needs of lots of families.
This page does not include the Baby Jogger City Select, which converts from a single to a double. If you want information on that stroller, you should check out our full review.
Baby Jogger Double Stroller Standard Features
- Rear and/or hand parking brake
- Adjustable five-point safety harnesses
- Individual multi-position reclining seats to nearly flat position
- Suspension system – front or all-wheel
- Locking dual front swivel wheels
- Quick release pneumatic tires or EVA wheels
- 100-pound weight capacity
- Multi-position sun canopies with clear view peek-a-boo windows
- Compatible with a car seat adapter
- Quick Fold technology
- Universal accessory mounting bracket
Baby Jogger double strollers come in 3 popular models. Click on your choice to go straight there or scroll down to see them all.
Baby Jogger City Mini Double
- Patented quick fold technology fold your lightweight double stroller in one step
- Twin stroller features front wheel suspension soaks up road bumps
- Comfortably padded seats reclines to a near flat position with vented seat tops.Padded seat with 150 Degree Recline Angle
This gem of a lightweight double stroller has won this year’s Cribsie award, meaning the Baby Jogger City Mini double has been “Parent Tested and Parent Approved.” The Double Mini’s got a lot going for it!
The Baby Jogger City Mini weighs 26 pounds and is less than 30 inches wide, enabling you to be able to fit it through most standard sized doorways. It also has that Quick Fold technology that parents just love about this brand.
What do City Mini owners love best? Ranking at the top of the list is the Quick Fold, compact size and maneuverability. Several parents have written in to say they currently own another brand double stroller and it is too big and bulky, so they decided to buy the City Mini Double stroller and are extremely pleased with it. This stroller comes in three different sporty colors.
The main disadvantage about this Baby Jogger double stroller is access to the storage basket beneath the seats. It is difficult at best and near impossible once the seats are reclined or occupied.
Reviews are generally quite positive with happy mommies and daddies giving it consistently high ratings.
See this short video demo of the Baby Jogger City Mini Double:
Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double
- Patented quick fold technology fold your stroller with one hand
- 8.5" all terrain non flat tires with front wheel suspension provide a smooth comfortable ride
- Plush padded seat reclines to a near flat position with vented seat top
One of Baby Jogger’s most anticipated releases, the City Mini GT is a jazzed-up version of the regular City Mini with extra features. Some of these upgrades include roomier seats, adjustable height handle, and all-terrain forever air tires that take you over all kinds of surfaces.
The individual canopies are one inch higher up on the frame, giving taller kids lots of extra headroom. And this stroller is made to handle big kids! The GT can hold your children up to 100 pounds! Because of this, it has a higher seatback and from the seat to the footrest is an inch longer than the City Mini. The seats have a bit more padding to support a higher weight limit as well.
Weight-wise, the tires on the GT give the stroller a bit of extra heft and it weighs in at nearly 39 pounds. The canopies are pretty much the same as are the safety harnesses and seat recline. While the storage basket and back pocket are both the same, the City Mini GT has an easy-to-use hand brake while the City Mini has a foot brake.
Reviews are just starting to trickle in from various web merchants and so far it’s gotten great reviews for fitting in well with busy lifestyles, smooth ride and adjustable handle. Those little extras are appreciated and very well liked!
This demo video shows you the City Mini GT Double’s fabulous features.
Where can I buy the City Mini GT Double for the best price?
Right now, since this double stroller is so new, prices are the same at most retailers, which is about $600 at the time of writing. My favorite place to shop is on Amazon, where I really love their prompt service.
Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double jogging stroller in one step
- 16 inches rear and 12 inches front air filled tires with front wheel lock mounted on the handlebar for easy conversions between jogger and stroller mode
- All wheel suspension system soaks up road bumps and hand operated rear drum brakes give better control on hilly or uneven terrain
The award-winning Baby Jogger Summit X3 double is now changed as of 2013. It used to be called the Summit XC. The Summit X3 double is redesigned with a rounded footwell; it looks more sleek and sporty. It is also 1½” narrower than the 2012 version. This all-terrain/jogging stroller has all-wheel suspension with 16″ rear tires for a smooth ride and superb maneuverability. Parents love such features as the swivel front wheel that locks into place for jogging stability, the tether strap and hand brake for safety.
This particular stroller has been compared with the BOB Revolution Duallie. Both the Summit X3 and the Revolution Duallie have 100 pound weight limits and 16″ rear/12″ front wheel sizes. The Summit X3 weighs more, though, at 36 pounds, while the BOB weighs only 34. The Summit X3 has a brake lever on the side of the frame while the BOB uses a flip-down horizontal brake bar in the back to stop.
Parents who prefer the Summit X3 over the BOB Revolution Duallie say that the BOB has less back support in the seats and that the most upright position is still a bit too reclined. One mom says that the Summit X3 fabric is better and smoother against her daughter’s skin. Another reviewer mentions that the Summit X3 has a bar between the two seats that keep it from sagging in the middle, which she noticed was happening with the Duallie owners around her town.
Parents write positive reviews about the large sun canopy and the superb maneuverability on all types of terrain. The easy fold and comfort for bigger kids are the current raves. The only real downfall I’ve seen in reviews is that this stroller does not include a car seat adapter.
Where can I buy the Summit X3 for the best price?
Online retailers all seem to be charging the same amount for this Baby Jogger double stroller, and since that’s the case, I’ll say that Amazon is my preferred place to purchase this stroller because you get prompt service, free shipping and all the colors to choose from. In addition, prices fluctuate, and very likely you will see that they have the best price.