When you have multiple kids under five, it’s hard to think about getting everyone out of the house, let alone how to tote them around when you do.
Why Trust Us?
Because my full-time job is being mom to 2 precious daughters, and I know a thing or two about strollers. Besides personal experience, I get feedback from other moms who use these strollers every day and put all that research into our unbiased stroller buying guides
If some of them aren’t walking or are young and tire easily, a stroller wagon might be a great option.
A stroller wagon allows your toddler to feel more independent with more room to move and the ability to step or climb out when unbuckled.
The push or pull mode of a stroller wagon can also be easier for parents on beach days or out and about on rough terrain.
Let’s check out the 6 best stroller wagons for adventures with your little ones…
Quick Summary: The Best Stroller Wagons
|Evenflow Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon||Check on Amazon →|
|Veer Cruiser||Check on Amazon →|
|Wonderfold W4 Elite Stroller Wagon||Check on Amazon →|
|The Original Keenz 7S - Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon||Check on Amazon →|
|The Anthem All-Terrain Wagon Stroller||Check on Amazon →|
|Radio Flyer Convertible Stroll 'N Wagon||Check on Amazon →|
Table of Contents
- 1 The 6 Best Stroller Wagons
- 1.1 Evenflow Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
- 1.2 Veer Cruiser
- 1.3 Wonderfold W4 Elite Stroller Wagon
- 1.4 The Original Keenz 7S – Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon
- 1.5 The Anthem All-Terrain Wagon Stroller
- 1.6 Radio Flyer Convertible Stroll ‘N Wagon
- 2 Considerations When Buying a Stroller Wagon
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 Are Foldable Wagons Allowed in Airports?
- 3.2 Does Disney Allow Stroller Wagons?
- 3.3 Can Infants Ride in Stroller Wagons?
- 3.4 What Should I Look For in a Stroller Wagon?
- 3.5 What Features Should I Look For on a Stroller Wagon?
- 3.6 Which Is the Best All-terrain Stroller Wagon?
- 3.7 Which Is the Best Stroller Wagon for the Beach?
- 4 Wrapping Up
The 6 Best Stroller Wagons
Evenflow Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
- Push or pull, decide on the fly. It’s easy to adapt your ride with a flip of the handle
- All-terrain wheels give you the freedom to go from pavement to beach and beyond
- Canopies with UPF 50-plus help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
The Evenflow Pivot Xplore All-Terrain stroller wagon combines affordability and features.
This two-seater has enough room for two toddlers up to 5 years old or 55 pounds each. The stroller converts from push to pull mode with the 3-position telescoping handle that flips from one side to the other. This also can adjust for parents of different heights.
This stroller wagon can accommodate families with kids of different ages and needs. The car seat adapter allows infants under 6 months to use the stroller while a toddler also sits on the other side. A toddler seat can also be attached if one of your toddlers finds that more comfortable.
The drop-down sides are a neat feature that allows kids to climb in and out on their own, letting them explore their independence as they venture into toddlerhood. This feature can be instrumental in preventing tantrums.
The Pivot Xplore comes standard with a snack table and dual retractable UPF 50 canopies. The included external storage bin is fairly minimal, but small pockets around the wagon can carry water bottles and other trinkets.
The Pivot Xplore folds like a traditional stroller, which is familiar and easy. However, this also means that it is large when folded and may not fit in smaller vehicles.
What We Like:
- Affordable for many families
- All-terrain rubber tires for rougher terrain
- Drop-down sides that allow kids to easily climb in and out on their own
- 3-position telescoping flipping handle for push or pull capabilities and parents of different heights.
- Adaptable configurations with a car seat or toddler seat adaptors for families with different needs
- Large when folded and may not fit in smaller cars
- Not a lot of additional storage
- LIGHTEST WEIGHT AND MOST COMPACT FOLD IN ITS CLASS: At 32 pounds, the Veer Cruiser wagon stroller for infants and toddlers boasts a compact, foldable design for smooth travels & maneuvers....
- SAFE FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS ALIKE: Our collapsible folding wagon stroller meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards and is JPMA Stroller Certified. Accommodates infant car seats from all major...
- EASY TO MANEUVER: Push, pull or pull alongside. The handle locks in upright position for easy pushing, then unlocks and rotates down for easy pulling up hills and through soft terrain like...
The Veer Cruiser is a well-constructed and rugged stroller wagon with a 3-point safety harness. It can be pushed or pulled by the single telescoping handlebar.
With an aircraft-grade aluminum frame and durable soft-sided high-performance fabric walls that can be hosed down, the Cruiser is a product that will last.
The rugged tires with large treads can tackle a variety of terrain, and the large rear tires and swivel front tires can easily navigate snow or sandy beaches.
The Cruiser has a plethora of accessories to make for a better experience, such as a retractable canopy, seat cushions, a snack tray, and a storage basket. It also offers a car seat adaptor for families with an infant and a toddler. Some of these features are sold separately, whereas many of them come standard in other stroller wagons.
If you want to add some fun color, the side walls and canopy can also be changed from standard gray to a variety of different colors.
The wagon easily folds up and the tires can be removed to fit in smaller spaces.
What We Like:
- One-handed folding to keep things easy for multitasking parents and packs flat.
- One-touch footbrake that is easy in all footwear, including flip flops.
- Rugged large rear tires and swivel front tires to easily navigate different terrains, including snow or sand.
- Telescoping handlebar to accommodate parents of differing heights.
- Expandable footwell with mesh sides that accommodates growing toddlers and is easy to drain when spills occur.
- 3-point safety harness instead of a standard 5-point safety harness.
- Single handlebar may be less stable
- Accessories that are standard for some wagons are sold separately.
Wonderfold W4 Elite Stroller Wagon
- PERFECT COLLAPSIBLE WAGON – Folds easily and holds up to 4 passengers in removable/reclining seats, with five-point adjustable safety harnesses to keep the little ones secure
- HIGHLY VERSATILE WAGON STROLLER – Designed for kids 6+ months old and has a 99 pound weight capacity per bench (2 seats per bench) with a 300 pound total weight capacity. Once the kids are...
- EASY-ACCESS FRONT ZIPPER DOOR – Lets kids get in and out easily; it also makes storage a breeze
The Wonderfold W4 Elite Stroller Wagon offers large families a great way to transport young children.
This stroller wagon can accommodate up to four children as young as 6 months and up, and the 5-point safety harness ensures a safe ride.
The deep carriage offers lots of legroom for young children, while also providing lots of storage space on every side. This does bring up the height of the carriage, which can make it difficult if your independent toddler wants to get out on their own.
Wonderfold, however, has included a zippered escape hatch, of sorts, under one of the seats, so your sweetie can get out on their own with a bit of maneuvering.
A single canopy can adjust up and down on poles or slide along a single axis. While this may cover a majority of the sun during your outing, it doesn’t provide full coverage and could leave some of your littles exposed as it is not as easy to adjust.
The Original and Elite models come with standard swivel wheels. If you purchase the Luxe model, the XL all-terrain wheels with deep treads come included. You can also purchase these as an upgrade for the Original and Elite models.
The W4 is mainly a pushing stroller wagon but can be pulled if you attach the included webbing. This, however, is not very maneuverable.
What We Like:
- Carries up to four passengers for young families with multiple kids.
- 5-point harness for superior safety.
- Lots of storage on all sides of the carriage for large families.
- Deep carriage with mesh sides so kids have lots of legroom.
- All-terrain wheels can be purchased separately or come included with the Luxe model.
- Canopy is not retractable and only covers the sun from above or along one axis, leaving littles exposed.
- Elevated carriage can make getting kids in and out more difficult unless they use the zippered “escape hatch” under the seat.
- Pulling capability only by attaching webbing.
The Original Keenz 7S – Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon
- DOUBLE STROLLER WAGON: This 2 seater cushioned wagon stroller provides safe, secure transportation for toddlers age 12 m+, and storage for all the toys, clothes and snacks they need on every...
- OFF ROAD ADVENTURES: If your family loves trails, beaches and gardens, this off-road kids’ stroller wagon is for you; spring suspension and 4 sturdy wheels are ready to tackle trickier...
- ADJUSTABLE, COLLAPSIBLE CART: Lightweight and durable, the folding aluminum frame features dual 10-position push/pull leather handlebars for your comfort, and 5-point harnesses for their...
The Original Keenz 7S Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon comes fully loaded with lots of great features.
With spring suspension in the 11-inch rear wheels and 7.28-inch front wheels, this stroller wagon can venture out on a variety of different terrain.
The 5-point safety harness ensures that your sweetie is safely strapped in, giving you peace of mind on your adventures.
The handles on each side allow you to push or pull the wagon and adjust to 10 different positions for ultimate comfort.
The Keenz stroller wagon comes with lots of storage, including a cooler box that will keep your picnic lunch fresh while you’re out and about.
This stroller is recommended for children 12 months and above, meaning it has a shorter window of use than other stroller wagons.
Additionally, you cannot attach a car seat to this wagon, so it is less useful if you have a toddler and an infant.
What We Like:
- Handles on both sides with 10 adjustments allow parents to push or pull.
- Drop-down side sun shades keep children safely out of the sun.
- 4 wheel spring suspension makes for a smooth ride.
- Included cooler box keeps picnics fresh and cool.
- 5-point harness for superior safety.
- Recommended for children 12 months and up which reduces the window of use.
- No car seat attachment means that only families with toddlers can use it.
The Anthem All-Terrain Wagon Stroller
- PUSH OR PULL versatile double stroller wagon for 2 kids with easy maneuvering
- STURDY ALUMINUM FRAME provides safe folding and unfolding of the collapsible wagon for storage and travel so you can take it anywhere
- SUN WIND AND RAIN adventure-ready kids wagon with seats and canopy with breathable mesh to keep kids cool and dry
The Anthem All-Terrain Wagon Stroller has a lot to offer. The rugged all-terrain tires and welded aluminum frame make this stroller wagon durable and ready for adventure.
The adjustable handle makes it easy to push or pull the stroller, and the one-step fold feature makes it easy to pack up.
It packs flat to 15 inches and the quick-release wheels can be removed to make it even smaller, allowing it to fit in smaller vehicles.
The dual full-coverage retractable canopies can zip together and protect from wind, rain, and sun. The canopies also include a vent to ensure that your sweeties don’t overheat. Some parents have noticed that the canopies don’t stay in place, making them less efficient at blocking elements.
The Anthem is car seat ready, making it ideal for families with a toddler and an infant. It also comes in a 2 seater or a 4 seater for different sized families. The seats, however, include 3-point harnesses, instead of 5-point harnesses.
This wagon also notably includes a reclining mattress for those tuckered tots who need a nap.
What We Like:
- Reclining mode mattress for tired toddlers.
- Easy one-step fold that packs down to 15 inches for use of use and portability.
- Accepts infant car seats for families with toddlers and infants.
- Dual full-coverage retractable canopies that can zip together, providing protection from the elements.
- Comes in a 2 or 4-seater for families of different sizes.
- 3-point harness instead of the standard 5-point harness.
- Canopies tend to slide down, making them less usable for blocking elements.
Radio Flyer Convertible Stroll ‘N Wagon
- PUSH & PULL: The Convertible Stroll 'N Wagon offers the convenience to push and the adventure of a pull wagon in one vehicle. It features a Never Fall wagon pull handle in the front and a...
- FOLDS FOR STORAGE: Easy one hand fold allows convenient storage. This wagon is portable and can be stored or taken anywhere!
- SAFE FOR KIDS: Radio Flyer wagons pass the ASTM-f963-13 toy safety standard. This wagon includes a rear foot brake, 5-point safety harnesses and a UV protection canopy to protect your little...
Radio Flyer has been making baby gear for over 100 years and the Convertible Stroll ’N Wagon is one example of their great designs.
With a 5-point safety harness for superior safety and dual handles to push or pull, the Radio Flyer is great for occasional use.
The tires are smooth, which may not be ideal for going off the beaten path but can work well for sidewalks and other easy terrains.
This stroller wagon is recommended for kids 12 months and up and does not accept car seats, making it only useful for families with toddlers.
There is also no drop-down foot space for growing legs, which can be uncomfortable for longer periods for littles. The wagon, however, converts to a bench, adding another spot for kids to sit when you’re out for a picnic.
What We Like:
- Affordable, which is attractive if you already have multiple strollers.
- 100+ years of making baby gear inspires trust.
- 5-point harness for superior safety.
- Converts to a bench for an extra seat while out.
- No car seat attachment makes it only useful for families with toddlers.
- Recommended for kids 12 months and up which shortens the usage window.
- Wheels are smooth and less able to tackle difficult terrain.
- No drop-down foot space for growing legs.
Considerations When Buying a Stroller Wagon
Will You Be Needing an All-terrain Stroller Wagon?
Stroller wagons can often accommodate rougher terrain better than a traditional stroller.
This is partly due to their robust tires, but also because they can be pushed or pulled. Pulling a wagon over beach sand can be much easier than pushing a stroller.
Look for large wheels with rugged tires. You may even want to look for one with a suspension system.
What Ages Are Most Suitable for a Stroller Wagon?
Stroller wagons are great for toddlers and kids over 12 months. Some kids might be walking at this point, but their little legs tire quickly and a stroller wagon ensures that you have a comfortable spot for your cuties to take a break.
If your toddler is fighting the stroller, a stroller wagon might be exactly what they need. It allows them the freedom to feel independent, while still giving their little legs a rest.
Some stroller wagons can also be used by children as young as 6 months. Certain stroller wagons accommodate car seats for younger babies, but not all. So, make sure you check before purchasing one if you have a baby under 6 months.
Most wagons can also accommodate children up to 5 years old, though many kids will probably want to be running around at this point.
How Many Kids Do You Have?
If you have two kids, you have several different options for a stroller: a double stroller, a stacking stroller, or a stroller wagon.
If you have more than two, a stroller wagon might be your best option. A quad stroller wagon allows you to bring up to four toddlers on your outings.
When you have at least one toddler, a stroller wagon might be a great option to help foster their sense of independence.
Is a Double Stroller or a Stroller Wagon Better?
If you have two children, a double stroller may seem like the more obvious choice because it more closely resembles a single stroller. However, a stroller wagon might actually be a better fit.
A double stroller often puts your two cuties side by side, making the stroller extra wide. On the other hand, a two-kid stroller wagon reconfigures the seating so your sweeties face one another, allowing the wagon to keep a slimmer footprint.
This means you can maneuver down the sidewalk without crowding other walkers and joggers off the curb. You can also check out our article on tandems vs double strollers.
The stroller wagon also allows your kids to interact because they face one another. Having face time allows your kids the opportunity to experience your outing together and share their glee, giggles, and more.
Additionally, many stroller wagons have more storage than a double stroller, allowing you to pack more for your outing. Some stroller wagons even include coolers that make it easy to pack a picnic.
What Features Can You Add to a Stroller Wagon?
Many stroller wagons have a clip-on snack table that divides the wagon in half and allows your hungry growing toddler to munch on the go.
Many come with a sun canopy, but some have it as an add-on. Additionally, many stroller wagons have add-on storage bins that sit on the outside of the wagon, increasing storage space without taking any leg room from your kiddos.
If you have an infant and a toddler, the car seat attachment is a must. And with some models, a toddler seat can even be added, for toddlers who prefer a well-supported seat.
There are many options to add to your stroller wagon to keep your sweetie happy.
Are Foldable Wagons Allowed in Airports?
Collapsable wagons, such as stroller wagons are typically allowed in airports. Whether you can check it at the gate typically depends on your airline and how small it collapses. Be sure to check with the airline before your trip for a seamless vacation.
Does Disney Allow Stroller Wagons?
No, unfortunately, Disneyland does not allow stroller wagons or strollers larger than 31″ (79 cm) x 52″ (132 cm).
Can Infants Ride in Stroller Wagons?
Infants under 6 months of age can ride in a stroller wagon if the wagon has a car seat attachment.
If there is no car seat attachment, a stroller wagon would not be a good fit for an infant since a young infant does not have the neck strength or ability to sit up in the seat. A car seat provides the proper support and cushion for infants.
What Should I Look For in a Stroller Wagon?
It’s important to take your needs into account. If you have a toddler and an infant, make sure you find a stroller wagon that has a car seat attachment.
If you have more than two children, a quad is a way to go. If you’ll be using your stroller wagon on the beach or dirt trails, all-terrain tires are a must. There are many options for all different needs.
What Features Should I Look For on a Stroller Wagon?
Many stroller wagons on the market have safety features, but some do not. A 5-point harness, for example, is a standard safety feature in all strollers. Stroller wagons, however, do not always have these.
While walking at low speeds may seem fairly safe, no one wants their ambitious toddler to stand up unexpectedly and take a nose dive on the concrete. A safety harness is a good insurance policy to keep your sweetie safe and sound.
Which Is the Best All-terrain Stroller Wagon?
Stroller wagons are better for uneven terrain due to their push and pull capabilities.
The Veer Cruiser, the Anthem All-Terrain, and the Evenflow Pivot Xplore stroller wagons are all great for rough terrains.
If you have four children, you may want to look at the Anthem, as it has a quad option. If you want a two-sided handle with drop-down sides, the Pivot is a great model, whereas the Cruiser is customizable with a clean aesthetic and durable materials.
Which Is the Best Stroller Wagon for the Beach?
An all-terrain stroller is a great pick for your beach adventures.
The Veer Cruiser Stroller Wagon is specifically designed to be easy to pull on sandy beaches. With large wheels and rugged tires, this is a great pick.
The Anthem All-Terrain is another great beach stroller wagon. It also has large wheels and tires with deep groves.
You can’t go wrong with either. Both have sun canopies to keep your sweeties out of the sun, but it is sold separately for the Veer Cruiser.
Stroller wagons are a great tool for young families with multiple children.
If you have multiple toddlers, a stroller wagon might be your go-to while these little cuties are exploring their sense of independence.
The push or pull options make them ideal for sandy beaches or rough terrain.