Relative newcomers to the world of baby strollers, UPPAbaby was started by Bob and Lauren Monahan out of Boston. Bob is an inventor and product developer who had stints working for Reebok, Ford, Safety 1st and The First Years. His experience as both a dad and inventor bring UPPAbaby strollers to the top with their well thought out designs and mission to keep parents in mind.
Why Trust Us?
Because my full-time job is being mom to 2 precious daughters, and I know a thing or two about strollers. Besides personal experience, I get feedback from other moms who use these strollers every day and put all that research into our unbiased stroller buying guides
Bob’s business partner and wife Lauren does the public relations and has a major influence in the design features. She also provides legal and strategic input for the company with her Reebok licensing experience.
Table of Contents
Current Best-Selling UPPAbaby Strollers
- INCLUDED TODDLER SEAT: The full size, reversible Toddler Seat allows your growing child to ride forwards, backwards, completely upright, reclined, and anywhere in between.
- ONE-HANDED RECLINE: The multi-position recline on the Toddler Seat allows your child to lie comfortably for naps or sit upright to take in the sights, offering the flexibility your busy...
- EXTENDABLE, UPF 50+ CANOPY: The zip-out canopy on the Toddler Seat extends for additional sun protection, plush the mesh panels make it easy to peek in while adding airflow.
- Adapts to Your Family- Configures smartly to adapt to growing families.
- Multiposition Recline- Reclines flat with one hand for naps on the go.
- Extra-Large Basket- X-Large basket carries 30 lbs worth of everyday essentials.
- TRAVEL BIG, CARRY SMALL: At just under 17 lbs, easily bring the Minu on planes, trains, and ferries thanks to the built-in carry handle and included shoulder strap
- OVERHEAD FRIENDLY: One hand and one smooth motion are all it takes to completely fold the Minu – small enough to fit in compact travel compartments
- LARGE BASKET FOR BIGH ADVENTURES: Store everyday essentials, a diaper bag, and any souvenirs you pick up throughout your travels with the large storage basket that can hold up to 20 lbs!
- One-handed actuated recline and adjustable leg rest
- Extendable, pop out UPF 50+ sunshade
- Easy to remove, washable fabrics
- NEVER FLAT TIRES: No inflation tires mean you can take off and leave the air pump at home! Large 12″ and 16″ foam-filled wheels with a deep tread provide a smooth ride over any terrain.
- DISC HAND BRAKE SYSTEM: Reliable performance hand brake on the 4-position handlebar enables you to slow your roll, even when running downhill.
- SIMPLE FOOT BRAKE SYSTEM: The intuitive brake system includes a red pedal for braking and a green pedal for engaging. Both are as straightforward to use as they are to see.
Child safety and environmental protection are both important to this company. UPPAbaby uses environmentally safe materials for their strollers that promote good health too, like the bassinet on the Vista. Warehouses are set up on both coasts of the US for faster shipping and returned service parts are recycled.
UPPAbaby strollers have two attractive umbrella models: the G-Lite and G-Luxe, with more features. The Vista is a convertible stroller with reversing seat and matching bassinet. It’s the all-in-one stroller for moms who want maximum versatility. The Cruz is slightly smaller and doesn’t come with a bassinet, but is ideal for moms who still want a stylish stroller with reversing seat. The new G-Link is UPPAbaby’s first double stroller that’s gotten highly favorable first impressions.
UPPAbaby reviews have been phenomenal. Let’s take a closer look at these fabulous UPPAbaby strollers!
Recommended: Bugaboo vs UPPAbaby
- 2017 G-LITE model
- Hand-level folding triggers - no foot action required
- Extendable SPF 50+ sunshade
“Lite” is the perfect description as the smallest of the UPPAbaby strollers. Weighing a mere 8.8 pounds, the G-Lite can still hold up to 50 pounds, making this your stroller of choice to take with you on all those everyday errands.
While similar models like the Maclaren Volo have sling seats, the G-Lite has a soft, cushy seat pad that you can remove and wash. The pad also has StainDefend which keeps it looking pretty. Other features include tall ergonomic handles for your comfort, hand-operated opening triggers (no need to unfold with your foot) and an elevated rear frame to reduce toe stubs while walking.
How do customers feel about their G-Lite UPPAbaby strollers? Recent reviews give it consistenly high reviews for convenience, especially for vacation travel. Parents rave about the soft cushiony seat, the huge sun canopy, and easy maneuverability. Parents Magazine calls the G-Lite the “lightest stroller on the block” and a best buy. Find out more in my Review at the link above.
- Suitable for children from 3 months to 55 pounds
- One-handed actuated recline and adjustable footrest
- Large stretch knit canopy with extendable UPF 50+ sunshade for great sun and wind protection
The UPPAbaby G-Luxe is very popular for several reasons. First it reclines and is considered full-sized and lightest weight in its class, as the G-Luxe only weighs 11 pounds and reclines to a 120° angle. Most noteworthy is that this feather light stroller can hold your child up to 50 pounds!
The G-Luxe has been highly reviewed across many different web retailers for such features as the compact stand-alone fold and the enormous SPF50 sun canopy. It’s an amazing little stroller with Consumer Reports giving it an excellent mark for maneuverability. The G-Luxe is often compared to the Maclaren Triumph.
Parents use the UPPAbaby G-Luxe for going on family vacations, taking it on airplanes for trips abroad, and keeping it in the car trunk to run everyday errands. It’s no wonder why parents love the G-Lux, and why it consequently has earned quite a reputation for being one of the absolute best umbrella strollers you can buy today.
- lightweight aluminum frame with side by side seats
- Independent one-handed recline with 4 seat positions
- Infant support system with Seats that fully recline and include plush head inserts and snap-on mesh foot barriers transforming the G-LINK into a safe and comfortable environment for your...
Presenting UPPAbaby’s first double umbrella stroller: the G-Link! Basically, UPPAbaby’s taken the G-Luxe and doubled it, plus they added even more wonderful, useful features for both mom and children. This really is a luxury umbrella stroller and for the price, you get all of the extras you expect from such a product.
Each seat has a carrying capacity of 50 pounds, and yet the stroller only weighs 24½ pounds, compared with heavier models, like the Inglesina Twin Swift.
Newborns can ride in this stroller – not many umbrella strollers have a flat recline. Baby is cocooned with a head support pillow, a cushioned barrier at the top of the seat that is fully enclosed, and a snap on mesh boot at the bottom of the seat.
Outstanding full coverage SPF 50 sun canopies that UPPAbaby strollers are known for are also on the G-Link. For a side-by-side umbrella stroller, it is easy to steer because of the light frame and wheels. There’s only one brake in back for conveninet one-step stopping. Parents get a cup holder, and an easy free-standing fold with carry handle. Storage baskets beneath the seats and deep pockets on the backs of the canopies provide plenty of space to keep your essentials.
See this informative video review of the UPPAbaby G-Link:
- Includes toddler seat, rain shield & bug shield-Full size front and rear facing toddler seat-180-degree recline with one hand
- Adjustable canopy with peek-a-boo window-Extendable UPF 50+ sunshade
- Bumper bar with neoprene or leather cover in select fashions-One-hand, adjustable handlebar with leather cover in select fashions
Look at this luxurious reversing seat UPPAbaby stroller. The Cruz is lighter weight than the Vista, and is the solution for on-the-go parents who want all the features and style of a full-sized stroller in a more compact size. This product is between the lighter weight G-Luxe and the premium Vista in terms of weight and features.
The seat is full sized with reversing option, and it reclines all the way. Use an infant car seat adapter for your car seat as well, or set the UPPAbaby MESA right on the chassis with no adapter needed.
The Cruz has excellent handling and boasts a large, extending sun canopy for your child’s protection.
In addition, features like an adjustable height handle and a one-step easy fold with or without the seat attached make the Cruz a breeze to use. However be aware that this model does not come with a bassinet, a rumble seat cannot be used and you cannot use a Vista seat on this model. However a snack tray and stroller board for an older sibling is now available.
- Includes bassinet, full size front or rear facing toddler seat with multi-position recline, toddler seat rain and bug shields, and bassinet bug shield and storage bag
- Compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary; Compatible with select Chicco and Maxi-Cosi infant car seats when using adaptors (car seats and adaptors sold...
- Longer bassinet mattress pad with ventilation for added breathability
One of the more popular and well-made luxury convertible strollers, the UPPABaby Vista is one of the brands that includes a feature-rich bassinet with purchase. An award-winning favorite of parents since 2006, the Vista is known for high quality materials, smooth steering, modern beautiful style and convenience. And now the Vista has been redesigned for 2018 going forward, and all these improvements are detailed in my review.
Favorite features include a comfortable, full-sized seat that is easy to reverse and recline.
A huge storage basket stores everything you need and a telescoping height-adjustable handle provides strolling comfort for both mom and dad. Large rubber tires never go flat and take you smoothly over bumpy park terrain. Weighing only 27½ pounds with the main seat attached, it’s standard for full-sized single luxury strollers.
Turn this stroller into a double when you buy the rumble seat separately or buy your Vista as a double. It is also compatible with all major brand car seats with the right adapter sold separately, or click the UPPAbaby MESA right onto the frame.
For years parents like you have ADORED this stroller and regularly give the Vista a near perfect score every time! Discover all the amazing aspects of this stylish convertible stroller in my exclusive UPPAbaby Vista review.
Here’s a video showing you what’s new for the latest version: