Recovering from a cesarean section is hard work. In addition to caring for a newborn baby, mom has to follow restrictions from her doctor and focus on letting her body heal.
If you have a friend or relative who recently had a C-section, you might be looking for an extra special gift to help her recover and make newborn life a little easier.
In this guide, we’ve got you covered with the best gifts for C section moms. From practical gifts to help mom care for her new baby to presents meant to pamper mom, here are 20 gift ideas across a wide range of prices to help steer you in the right direction.
Quick Summary: Best Gifts for C Section Moms
|Frida Mom C-Section Recovery Kit||Check on Amazon →|
|Healthy Snacks Care Package||Check on Amazon →|
|Hatch Rest Baby Sound Machine||Check on Amazon →|
|Lansinoh Breastfeeding Starter Set||Check on Amazon →|
|Motherlove C-Section Cream||Check on Amazon →|
Table of Contents
Gifts Just for Mom
A C-section is major surgery and can cause trauma for mom. While she’s dropping everything to care for a demanding newborn, it can be challenging for a new mother to find time for herself.
The length of time it takes to recover from a C-section varies depending on a variety of individual factors and the nature of the delivery. Some moms feel healthy enough in just weeks, while others need 8 or 12 weeks before they are fully recovered.
That’s a long time, especially while mom is dealing with the sleepless nights and frequent feedings to care for her newborn.
Help the new mom in your life carve out some time to focus on herself with these 10 post-C-section gift ideas.
Frida Mom C-Section Recovery Kit
- INCLUDES: 1 Upside Down Peri Bottle for bathroom trips, 4 Disposable C-Section Postpartum Underwear, 1 Postpartum Abdominal Support Binder, 10 Skip The Shower Wipes, 4 Silicone Scar Patches....
- NEW MOM MUST-HAVES: This prep kit includes every day-to-night essential mama needs for a smooth recovery from hospital to home.
- SIZE: Latex-free microfiber Disposable C-Section Postpartum Underwear fits waist 28-42", Postpartum Abdominal Support Binder fits waist 29-46"
Let’s get right down to business and talk about this awesome recovery kit from Frida Mom. Frida is a go-to manufacturer of practical items for babies and mothers during and after delivery. People swear by their snappy delivery gown for in the hospital and their no-frills postpartum essentials kit.
Frida Mom’s recovery kit includes everything no one wants to talk about but everyone needs after delivery, especially after a C-section.
An upside-down peri bottle and four pairs of disposable underwear help mom with hygiene on bathroom trips after coming home from the hospital. An abdominal binder provides a little extra support and comfort after her operation, and ten skip-the-shower wipes help her stay clean when getting to the shower is too much of a production.
Four silicone scar patches are also included to help mitigate scarring.
The kit comes in cute packaging and includes a sleek bathroom bag to keep it all together. A pair of grippy socks tops off this great gift and helps keep mom extra comfy.
Motherlove Organic Herbal Scar Cream
- C-SECTION RECOVERY: C-Section Cream is a postpartum essential after Cesarean (stomach) birth.
- ORGANIC SCAR CREAM: The herbs in this all-natural scar cream nourish your skin so that your beautiful birth mark can be a reminder of your power, without the physical discomfort. Can be...
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS: Extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, shea butter, calendula flower, marshmallow root, rosehips, St. John’s wort flower, yarrow herb, and rosemary leaf. All organic. Nothing...
You can help the mom in your life who recently had a C-section by gifting her high-quality healing ointment to help with her C-section scar.
This scar cream from Motherlove includes only organic ingredients like St. John’s wort flower, rosemary leaf, marshmallow root, yarrow herb, rosehips, and calendula flower. It uses clean ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, shea butter, and beeswax.
Mom can use this scar cream in conjunction with her other healing products including silicone strips, belly support bands, and disposable postpartum underwear. She should check with her physician before use and make sure her scar is healed before applying it.
By purchasing Motherlove’s scar cream you’ll be supporting a woman-owned company and giving mom one more way she can focus on self-care after such a big operation.
Lanisoh Breastfeeding Starter Set
- GET THE BEST START- Everything a mom needs to successfully begin and continue breastfeeding
- FROM THE BREASTFEEDING BRAND IN THE US- A great breastfeeding kit for new and experienced moms full of breastfeeding essentials for women
- BREASTFEEDING ESSENTIALS- Contains nipple cream and the brand of disposable nursing pads in the US
If mom is breastfeeding, she’ll definitely appreciate this breastfeeding starter gift set from Lanisoh. The set is loaded with essentials for nursing and breast therapy and gives any C-section mom a little extra help with the tricky job of breastfeeding a newborn.
This starter set includes nipple cream made with lanolin, a natural substance refined from sheep’s wool. Studies have shown lanolin helps with breastfeeding-associated nipple pain, which can be extremely severe, especially in the first couple of weeks after delivery.
The kit also includes a nipple everter to make latching easier and disposable nursing pads that absorb twenty times their weight to help with leaks between feedings.
Lansinoh Therapearl breast therapy pads can be used as hot or cold packs to help with common causes of nursing pain and make mama more comfortable.
- ULTRA-SOFT ROBES - Wrap yourself in silky smooth natural bamboo fabric. Our beautiful maternity robes feature cleverly positioned ties, adjustable for the most comfortable fit throughout...
- ROOMY POCKETS & DEPENDABLE COVERAGE - Our stylish women’s robes are designed with deep pockets for your phone and other essentials. And you won’t ever have to worry about wardrobe...
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST - Known for exceptionally beautiful and functional baby products, Posh Peanut is sold at prestigious department stores and boutiques worldwide. Unlike other Amazon...
Even though your new mom friend recently had surgery, she’ll still be getting up all through the night to help comfort and feed her newborn. In the early days when sleep is hard to come by, help her stay comfortable for middle-of-the-night wakenings with cozy slippers, warm sweatpants, or a chic robe.
This extra-soft maternity and nursing robe from Posh Peanut is made from silky bamboo fabric for a super cozy feel. The robe comes in 14 sophisticated color choices to match mom’s aesthetic.
With moisture-wicking technology to keep mom comfortable, it’s perfect for late nights and early mornings. Roomy pockets help store essentials like pacifiers or mom’s phone.
The robe is also perfect for the maternity period and labor in the hospital, so it makes a great baby shower gift as well.
Cribsheet by Emily Oster
- Oster, Emily (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 04/21/2020 (Publication Date) - Penguin Books (Publisher)
Even though mom will be busier than ever caring for her newborn, there will be times when she needs to sit on the couch and recover, or just hold her new babe for naps or feedings. A good book can help ground a new mom during this time of transition and give her something to focus on while she lets her body rest.
Cribsheet by Emily Oster is an awesome pick for any mother of a new baby or young toddler.
Oster is an economics professor at Brown who grounds her work in rigorous studies. She’s known for her popular book on myths and healthcare during pregnancy, Expecting Better (which is also a great gift for any expecting mother).
Cribsheet evaluates common practices and theories on parenting from birth through the toddler years.
From issues like breastfeeding and sleep training to potty training and discipline, Oster’s non-judgmental, witty voice helps ground new parents in what the data shows and which recommendations might be more valid than others. Rather than telling parents what to do, Oster presents the information in a consumable way and equips them with the tools to make informed decisions for their families.
Any new mom will get a good laugh from Cribsheet, as well as a ton of insightful information that couldn’t be more relevant to her current state of mind.
Tough as a Mother Tumbler
- IDEAL GIFTS FOR MOM: This tough as a mom wine tumbler will be a great gift for mom, new mom, mom to be, mama, mother, mother in law, mommy, first time mom, step mom,pregnancy mom and women....
- SAFE & DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL: Made of food grade 304 stainless steel material, this mom gifts travel tumbler is safe, lead free, durable, not easy to damage and does not leave a bad...
- DOUBLE WALL VACUUM INSULATION: The mom gifts wine tumbler can keep the beverages at an ideal temperature(keep hot for 3 hours and keep cold for 9 hours). Even if the insulated tumbler is...
Help mom remembers how tough she is with her morning coffee—or evening cocktail—with this catchy tumbler.
You know your mom friend will be needing her daily coffee when caring for her newborn. She’s toughed it out through her operation and is tackling her recovery like a boss. Help her remember that every day when she sees the phrase “tough as a mother” etched on this cute cup.
Thanks to stainless steel insulation, this tumbler will keep mom’s coffee hot for 3 hours and her wine cold for 9 hours. That’s a must gift for a busy new mom who doesn’t have time to sit and sip her drink all in one sitting.
The tumbler comes in modern rose gold or bright mint to match mom’s style. As she uses it during her recovery and the months that follow, she’ll appreciate this regular boost of confidence through trying times of motherhood.
Amazon Fresh Gift Card
- Gift Card is affixed inside a gift box
- Gift amount may not be printed on Gift Cards
- Gift Card has no fees and no expiration date
It’s tough for any mom after having a C-section to get out to the grocery store, especially when she’s still in pain and shouldn’t be lifting heavy grocery bags.
Help eliminate grocery trips for mom with a gift card to Amazon Fresh. From fresh produce to frozen goods, she can order any food items her family needs, including baby essentials like formula and purées.
If Amazon fresh isn’t as accessible in the area where mom lives or if she prefers old-school grocery shopping, she can use this gift card to order baby gear and other postpartum essentials directly from Amazon.com.
With flexible gift card amounts, this is the perfect gift for a group of coworkers or friends pooling together to find something practical and special for mom.
Restaurant Delivery Gift Card
Do you know what mom isn’t getting very frequently in the newborn days? A hot meal.
Having the time and energy to prepare family meals is especially difficult for a new mom after a big operation like a C-section, so a restaurant delivery gift card is a great way to take the weight of dinner off her shoulders.
Up her chances of eating a meal before it’s cold with a gift card to her go-to restaurant or a food delivery service like Grubhub, DoorDash, or Uber Eats. She’ll love getting to pick her favorite meal (or dessert!), and she’ll appreciate the opportunity to truly treat herself.
Healthy Snacks Basket
- 100% VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE!: Every snack in this assortment is both GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN!!! That means every snack is dairy free, egg free and free from any animal products. All snacks are...
- FUN AND UNIQUE SNACK ASSORTMENT: This assortment of 20 nutritious grab-n-go snacks is the perfect snack pack for adults and kids alike. Filled with nutrient dense snacks from better-for-you...
- PERFECT GIFT FOR A HEALTHY DIET: Thoughtfully curated Certified Vegan and Gluten Free snacks that you can trust. Perfect for new parents (mom and dad), nursing moms, students, military, get...
Expecting moms pay close attention to their eating habits during pregnancy, but experts say it’s just as important to have good nutrition in the months after delivery. This is especially important for moms who have had surgery like a C-section or who are breastfeeding.
A wide range of food and veggies is great for breastfeeding moms. The Mayo Clinic recommends eating plant foods, whole grains, and lean proteins while avoiding excess sugar and salt.
Keep these guidelines in mind if you are planning on driving over to mom’s house with yummy meals and snacks, especially if she is recovering from a C-section.
You can also eliminate the guesswork by choosing a gift basket of healthy snacks to be delivered right to mom’s doorstep.
This basket from the Good Grocer Store is chock full of wholesome, nutrient-dense eats that happen to also be vegan and gluten-free, making it a versatile choice for many diets. It’ll help give her extra fuel for her growing to-do list, and the convenient grab-and-go setup is perfect for a busy parenting lifestyle.
New Mom Gift Basket
- THE WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR MOM TO BE & NEW MOTHERS - Hand picked by us, each box is prepared to the highest standards making a cute, fun and thoughtful gift. Beautifully packed. A...
- A BUNDLE OF UNIQUE GIFTS - Including a beautiful "1 line a day" journal or 4-year memory book for recording those special moments. 2 luxurious bath bombs for the spa experience, a set of...
- BEAUTIFULLY PREPARED- The outer gift box opens to reveal our "Parenthood , You Got This!" greetings card sitting on top of a bed of tissue paper which wraps the other items making for the...
Want to give mom something to help her pamper herself and feel loved, but can’t decide what? She will love this carefully crafted gift basket full of thoughtful goodies.
This New Mom Gift Basket from Becta Design has five hand-picked essentials to keep new mamas grounded during early parenthood.
An adorable four-year one-line-a-day memory book makes it easy for mom to capture the most special moments that she will cherish for years to come. Two luxury bath bombs will help mom pamper herself, while a soft muslin swaddle blanket with a gender-neutral design helps baby sleep soundly.
Two comfy socks for mom and a cute pacifier clip with food-grade silicone beads round out the gift basket, which comes packaged in a beautiful gift box with an inspirational greeting card.
Baby Gear Gifts
Now that we’ve covered gifts focused on mom, let’s discuss some great baby gear gift options. Baby gear is always a solid gift choice for a mom of a newborn, even if this isn’t her first baby.
We’ve rounded up ten baby gear gifts that will help make life easier for C-section moms.
Whether it’s taking some of the weight off of what mom has to carry, or keeping her other kids busy and entertained, we’ve got a wide range of gifts to help C-section moms through this sleepless, but magical, postpartum period.
- Introducing Bouncer Bliss: our classic, award-winning baby bouncer in a new luxurious design. For children: 0 - 2 years; 8 lbs - to 29 lbs; From 21 in
- Lightweight and portable for easy use at home with four positions suitable for both rest and play and folds completely flat for storage or transporting
- Natural bouncing helps develop balance and motor skills - no batteries, charging or plugs required
Holding and rocking a newborn can be a back-breaker. Help give mom a comfy spot to place her baby with this innovative BabyBjörn bouncer.
Parents swear by this simple baby seat that has no batteries, plugs or charging required. It bounces smoothly based on the baby’s movements or with a gentle push from mom or dad.
The bouncer weighs only 7 pounds so it’s easy for parents to carry to different spots in the house. It has a simple folding mechanism and collapses completely flat for easy storage and transport.
Babies enjoy the gentle movement of the bouncer, and BabyBjörn makes a variety of attachable toys to keep little ones entertained. It comes in a variety of modern colors and textured fabrics to fit with any home décor.
A post-C-section mom will appreciate this lifesaver gift, and her recovering body will, too!
- Spacious seat suitable up to 50lbs, One-hand, one-step compact fold
- Zip out extendable canopy for increased sun protection and One handed, adjustable leg rest
- Deeper, easy access basket with 20lbs weight limit
If there’s one piece of essential baby equipment that always seems to be super heavy, it’s a stroller. Full-size, luxury strollers easily weigh 25 to 30 pounds.
While strollers have awesome features to accommodate growing families, they can be difficult to lift upstairs or load into the car. A lightweight stroller is a great gift for a new mom who isn’t supposed to be doing heavy lifting after her C-section.
We love the UPPAbaby Minu V2 stroller. It weighs only 16.9 pounds, folds down to an extremely compact size, and offers 20 pounds of storage in the under-seat basket. It even accommodates car seats and an infant bassinet with adapters to help in those newborn days.
Diaper Changing Station
- Strong and sturdy wood construction
- Includes water resistant changing pad with safety strap
- Includes two fixed shelves for open storage
More diaper changing stations in the house means fewer trips up and down the stairs for a recovering mom.
Instead of carrying her baby to the second-floor nursery every time the baby needs a change, which is a lot in those early days, consider gifting mom equipment to make a diaper changing station downstairs.
A diaper caddy to hold diapers and diaper rash cream, a chic wipes container, a changing pad, or this cute and practical changing table all make awesome gifts for a new mom who just had a C-section. She’ll appreciate you saving her a few steps while carrying her growing baby.
This highly rated changing table from Delta Children comes in a variety of colors to match any interior. It’s made of sturdy wood construction with shelves for storage and safety rails for the baby. An included water-resistant changing pad attaches via a safety strap for extra security.
Baby Einstein Soother
- 25 minutes of captivating light effects
- Fits most crib rails with approximate circumference of 10.5"
- Adjusts to baby’s preferences with light & volume control
Anything that allows mom to be hands-free helps her avoid heavy lifting and lets her body recover more quickly. For baby’s awake time, she can lay her little one next to this amazing Sea Dreams Soother from Baby Einstein.
Babies love the colorful moving sea creatures with fascinating lights and music. The remote control helps mom change the settings from up to 12 feet away, and a white noise setting can help baby wind down for naps.
- From Newborn to Toddler: Our lightweight & soft baby chest carrier features an adjustable seat. The infant carrier grows with your little one from first outings to early toddlerhood (7-35...
- Certified Hip-Healthy: All of our baby carriers are certified hip-healthy. The Beco Gemini is made from 100% cotton and features a built-in headrest, knee-to-knee support, and padded leg...
- Hands-free Heaven: Breeze through mommy/daddy duties hands-free with optimal weight distribution, crossable straps, a padded waist belt for additional support, and a practical pocket for...
Rocking baby for naps and nighttime can wreak havoc on mom’s back. Give her aching joints a break with this ergonomic baby carrier from Beco.
The Gemini baby carrier has a wide range of adjustments for parents of various sizes, so it’s versatile for both parents to use interchangeably. Baby can be parent-facing or world-facing, and can even be carried in the back or on the side depending on parent preference.
This carrier comes in twelve fun colors to match mom’s aesthetic. It holds babies from 7 pounds to an impressive 35 pounds, and its innovative design keeps babies comfortable while avoiding back pain for mom.
This might seem like a simple gift, but more baby clothes means less laundry!
Any parent of a newborn knows that clean outfits don’t last long on infants. Thanks to spit-ups and diaper blowouts, the dirty laundry basket of a new parent is always full.
Bending down to put clothes in the washer and dryer is a tough task for someone recovering from surgery. Help space out the laundry trips a little further by bolstering the new baby’s wardrobe.
This newborn layette gift set has plenty of pieces to keep babies cozy. Choose this grey set with stars for a gender-neutral vibe, or pick from a variety of other color combinations.
Snoo Smart Sleeper Baby Bassinet
- Added Sleep: SNOO Sleeper boosts sleep 1-2+ hours per night, so parents get more sleep than with other baby cribs or smart furniture. Our moving sleeper bassinet soothes babies with the...
- Automatically Responds To Cries: SNOO detects fussing and the self-rocking bassinet responds with gradually stronger white noise + motion to calm crying. Your own essential personal helper,...
- Prevents Risky Rolling: The only bassinet, sleeper, or bed that keeps your baby safely on the back, the #1 safe sleep guideline recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Comes...
If you want to go big for mama, check out the Snoo bassinet from Happiest Baby. This big-ticket item is great for a large group of friends pooling together to get mom something extra special.
The Snoo Smart Sleeper detects when a baby is fussy overnight. It responds with gentle rumbling and rocking to soothe the baby back to sleep. This prevents a recovering mama from having to get up constantly through the night and rock her baby to sleep, which is tough on a post-surgery body.
Although it’s pricy, parents swear by the Snoo and rave about the extra 1-2 hours of sleep they get each night.
- SIMPLE & SAFE: Our easy-to-use pacifier straps are made of durable, water-resistant polyester. On one end is a universal holder loop to fit most binkies, soothies, and silicone teething...
- STYLISH & CONVENIENT: The on-trend prints and playful patterns of the straps complement the style of modern baby girls and boys. Keep that extra pacifier, binkie, mushie, or teether toy...
- GIFTABLE: Bring this stylish, gift-ready set to your next baby shower. Tuck one under the Christmas tree or give as a Hanukkah present to your little cutie. Combine it with a burp cloth or...
Pacifier clips are a lifesaver. Nothing’s worse than constantly bending down to the floor while holding a fussy baby to pick up a pacifier that repeatedly falls out.
This pacifier clip gift set comes with a helpful pacifier case to keep a pacifier clean on the go. Choose from a variety of colors for girl and boy, and save that post-C-section mama from having to bend down to the ground any more than she needs to.
Hatch Rest Sound Machine
- Note that new, updated 2nd Gen Wi-Fi version of this product is also available, with additional features.
- Sound Machine. Includes soothing sounds like white noise, ocean, wind, birds and rain.
- Night Light. Fun, bedside lamp with infinite custom color hues. Illuminate the crib and changing table to ease nighttime infant feedings.
One simple tool to give mom some more rest and avoid getting up as much overnight is a remote-controlled sound machine.
When baby fusses overnight, mom can control this smart sound machine from her phone to turn up the noise and help soothe her baby back to sleep, extending her rest a bit longer.
The Hatch Rest also serves as a night light and time-to-rise tool for toddlers, so it’ll continue to be helpful for mom through the years. It has a variety of sounds and colors to adapt to parent and child preferences.
- What’s Included: 32 translucent geometric shapes in 6 different colors. This set includes Squares (2 Large, 14 Small) and Triangles (8 Equilateral, 4 Right, 4 Isosceles)
- What Makes It Unique: You’re looking at the original and most celebrated set in magnetic construction! Features classic geometric shapes in primary colors.
- Developmental: Certified STEAM toy, per Dr. Gummer’s Good Play Guide, in partnership with The Toy Association, for aiding in the development of fine motor skills, bilateral coordination,...
If mom has an older toddler or preschool-age children, she’ll appreciate receiving gifts to keep them busy while she works on healing and caring for her newborn.
Choose a no-mess option like Melissa and Doug’s beloved Water Wow books, or a building toy that can keep older siblings occupied for long stretches, like these awesome Magna-Tiles. Expansion packs make great gifts through the years.
Toddlers and young children will come back again and again to make a new masterpiece each time, and they’ll love having something to work on while mom feeds their new baby sibling.
We hope our list of 20 gifts for C-section moms helped you find the perfect present for the mom in your life who recently had a cesarean section. This can be a tough time for new mamas, and recovering from surgery doesn’t make it any easier.
Any new mom will appreciate knowing you’re thinking about her. If you’re looking for additional gift ideas, check out our lists of the Best Gifts for Second Time Moms or the Best Gifts for Working Moms for plenty more options.